Regional Culinary Manager - The Rec Room
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept features a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games including luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There is an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also features a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room offers an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage includes impressive digital displays and serves as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room integrates a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that enhances all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment is currently recruiting for the position of Regional Culinary Manager, reporting to the Executive Director of Culinary. This position will be based at our Home Office in Toronto, ON.
The Regional Culinary Manager (RCM) will support the Executive Director of Culinary in developing and deploying culinary strategy within The Rec Room and Playdium. The RCM will work to ensure The Rec Room and Playdium policies, procedures and standards are being followed and adhered to at all locations within their assigned region. Responsibilities shall include the protection of Company assets, people, inventory and facilities, as well as the planning, evaluation and monitoring of culinary operations and financial areas within multiple venues to maximize sales and profitability. The RCM will manage and take accountability for the profit and loss performance of the culinary operations within multiple venues against budget.
A strong working knowledge, understanding and ability to follow and enforce all Company beliefs, policies and procedures will be critical in the performance of regular job duties. The RCM will provide coaching and feedback to develop leaders and build the required bench-strength for the business, while maintaining a culture of hospitality, healthy employee morale and a productive working environment. A strong working knowledge of diverse culinary operations and proven success in opening several new locations will play a critical part in regular job duties. The driving focus of this position will be to increase brand reputation through the consistent achievement of execution excellence and profitability in the culinary operations.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Culinary Strategy & Operations
- Support the development and achievement of regional and unit level strategic and annual operating plan objectives.
- Plan, evaluate and monitor culinary operations and financial areas within multiple units to maximize sales and profitability through the efficient execution of Company programs and the maintenance of Company standards.
- Report & deliver upon P&L accountability for food cost of goods, back of house labour, operational budgets and facility performance to ensure profitability for all units within the defined region.
- Provide counsel and facilitate resolution of external/internal barriers to location performance and guest service standards.
- Maintain the highest degree of sanitation and safety in all locations.
- Support the development and implementation of Back of House operating systems for restaurant, bar, QSR and Groups & Events
- Evaluate practices and procedures on an ongoing basis and provide recommendations to optimize for changing business needs.
- Escalate Best Practices which are identified to increase operational efficiency, performance levels and guest satisfaction.
- Support the development and implementation of new culinary offerings as needed for menu refresh, limited time offerings, seasonal menus, regional menus and promotions.
- Conduct efficient and productive unit visits that focus on the superior delivery of food service, sanitation, safety, purchasing, training and facilities maintenance.
- Evaluate operations standards during regular unit visits and establish improvement plans for personnel.
- Ensure execution excellence of culinary operations for Groups & Events across all units within the defined region.
- Ensure any culinary operations support of marketing, amusement and entertainment initiatives is well organized and properly executed.
- Support efforts relating to procurement and logistics, and maintain best practices.
- Manage the inventory and shrinkage of all units within the defined region.
- Maintain accurate actual versus theoretical programs and control within tolerance.
- Drive communication between the Corporate Office and region.
- Document and communicate progress to all key stakeholders.
- Accurately and efficiently maintain assigned records, Company funds and property in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Interview, recruit, train and coach culinary management, and proactively plan for succession.
- Conduct regular meetings with Head Chefs to provide feedback, set goals and evaluate performance.
- Support the development and implementation of Back of House divisional training initiatives at the regional and unit level.
- Work with regional and unit level teams to execute employee training and development strategies.
- Understand and implement appropriate performance and behavioral management.
- Evaluate and take action to improve location turnover and increase employee morale by creating a supportive employee centered environment.
- Understand, effectively follow and enforce all The Rec Room and Playdium beliefs, policies and procedures.
- Protect and enhance the The Rec Room and Playdium brands while championing the Cineplex values
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing, Culinary Management or Hospitality field
- Minimum 2 - 5 years in a multi-location culinary management position within the hospitality field
- Proven success in managing multiple large format and/or high volume operations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proven track record of delivering financial results within culinary operations
- Strong working knowledge of restaurant or multi-attraction operations
- Experience in all aspects of culinary service and people management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Ability to examine and re-engineer food and beverage operations, and develop and implement new strategies
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of guests and offer the appropriate options, solutions and resolutions required
- Exceptional conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Excellent training, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and location managers
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Based in Toronto with 70%+ travel required, fluctuating based on the needs of the business
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Extended hours as required including weekends, evenings and holidays
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please