Hourly Host - The Rec Room Roundhouse
- 255 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3M9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept features a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games including luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There is an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also features a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room offers an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage includes impressive digital displays and serves as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room integrates a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that enhances all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Host – The Rec Room Roundhouse, reporting to the General Manager - The Rec Room Roundhouse. This position will be based at our Toronto Rec Room located at 255 Bremner Blvd. in Toronto, ON.
The Lead Host will be responsible for providing consistently high-levels of customer service to all restaurant guests by providing prompt service, and maintaining a strong working knowledge of all menu items, entertainment options and daily specials. The Hosts perform these customer service duties in a friendly and professional manner at all times, and ensure that the guest has an enjoyable dining experience. Other responsibilities will include the proper setting of tables, removing used dishes and place settings, assisting with cleaning duties, and ensuring compliance with all restaurant policies and procedures.
- Receive and record guests' reservations and assign tables
- Greet guests at entrance of dining room, restaurant, or lounge and escort them to tables or other seating areas
- Maintain familiarity with the composition of all menu items.
- Enroll guest into membership program as required.
- Speak with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service, and attend to complaints
- Let Rec Room leadership know about necessary dining room supplies and equipment
- Inspect dining and serving areas and equipment
- Support and co-ordinate activities of food and beverage servers and other serving staff
- Accept payment from guests for food and beverage and games as required
- Clean agreed designated areas, in accordance with downtime procedures, morning/evening routines and hygiene requirements.
- Change table linen as required and ensure dirty or damaged linen is counted and exchanged for clean, usable items.
- At all times to be aware of and practice good customer relations, assisting the guest in any way which does not adversely affect other customers.
- Attend to customer complaints satisfactorily.
- Report any suspicious packages or parcels to management without delay.
- Take part in any fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarization with all exits, including those normally used by customers, as well as fire escapes.
- Carry out on-the-job training to ensure subordinate staff can carry out their duties effectively.
- Be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- Ensure that any subordinate staff adhere to, and maintain, the highest possible standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- Attend meetings and training courses as required.
- Contribute and create an environment for a guest to “Tell Better Stories”
- Welcome all guests with a warm, friendly greeting.
- High school diploma or GED required. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- A certificate or diploma in a related field preferred
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- 1 year of restaurant service experience
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail
- Professional appearance and manners
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
- Lifting or moving up to 20lbs may be required
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please