Talent Acquisition Specialist
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept features a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games including luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There is an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also features a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room offers an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage includes impressive digital displays and serves as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room integrates a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that enhances all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Talent Acquisition Specialist, reporting into the Talent Operations Team and supporting The Rec Room, Playdium and Topgolf. This position will be based in Toronto, Ontario.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) works in conjunction with the Regional Operations Manager, and the Support Centre HR Leadership to drive the talent strategy within Canada. The TAS is responsible for executing the talent acquisition strategy that supports the initial stage of the employee life cycle, including sourcing, identifying and selecting talent for new builds, existing locations, and specialty roles, as needed. This role coaches and mentors field and senior management roles to strengthen their overall recruitment process and implement succession planning strategies and driving overall corporate strategies and objectives.
The successful candidate will not only demonstrate his/her ability to manage every phase of the talent acquisition process, but is passionate, self-driven and obsessive about providing an exceptional candidate experience to both candidates and hiring managers.
Talent Acquisition Strategy
- Play an active role in setting a talent strategy for recruitment of salaried and hourly employees
- Lead and support hiring managers through the recruitment process, across all LBE Brands (The Rec Room, Playdium & Top Golf), locations and provinces.
- Build and execute active and passive sourcing strategies to attract candidates based on the candidate profiles of the various brands
- Utilize identification tools to ensure successful candidates are determined through robust process and candidate evaluations
- Facilitate the selection of candidates and assist with onboarding logistics and plans
- Act as the lead organizer and execute new build job fairs to fulfill high-volume hiring requirements for new builds, including: pre-job fair preparations, printing, people resource scheduling, hotel / job-fair venue bookings and logistics setup
- Understand recruitment marketing to make recommendations to the marketing team to effectively market jobs on social and professional networks
- Work to improve existing programs and develop innovative strategies around sourcing, identifying and selecting top talent
- Develop strong relationships with hiring managers across multiple teams.
- Continually develop and engage in building intimate knowledge about market, target companies, relationships in the hospitality industry.
- Assist with all candidate information flow (paper and digital) and understand HR related onboarding questions (i.e. benefits, comp, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of human resources / recruiting experience in a high volume environment required
- Degree or diploma in human resources, business administration or equivalent work experience
- Experience designing and executing active and passive recruitment strategies
- Experience planning, designing and executing multiple job fairs
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (ATS), human resources information systems (HRIS) and strong technical abilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines with operational excellence
- Strong understanding of HR Principles, provincial legislation and labour standards
- Strong communication, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Understanding of org structure for multi-unit big box organizations
- Willing to travel up to 80% of the work week, during new build pre-opening and post-opening time periods, in support of national operations
- Willing to be away from home for 2 to 3 weeks in succession during new builds
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which includes weekends, evenings and holidays
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please