Senior Financial Analyst
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Digital Product department has an opening for the position of Senior Financial Analyst, reporting to the Director, Business Analytics, Digital Product.
The Sr. Financial Analyst will have an understanding of accounting processes with strong Excel and data-management skills to facilitate accurate and customized reporting. They will be responsible for gathering data for financial reporting projects, preparing month end and year end reports, and perform routine analysis for business lines as well as ad hoc analyses.
- Prepare invoices, royalties calculations, accruals tracking, revenue reconciliations, and month end reports
- Perform P&L review to identify and document financial trends and flux analysis
- Act as key liaison with the Finance team to ensure month end reporting entries are recorded properly. Identify and address reporting issues/anomalies as needed
- Collaborate with business partners to complete accurate forecasts supported with commentaries and business insights
- Provide weekly financial performance report to the team and explain outliers and deviations from expectation
- Support business lines to prepare financial models, processes, and ad hoc analysis as needed
- Support the development and implementation of dashboards / KPIs to include in financial reporting
- Co-ordinate with internal and external partners to ensure required tasks are completed on time and escalate where necessary
- Develop and initiate improvements to the Financial Reporting process
- Assist the team with financial related administrative tasks, as needed
- Assist the Director, Business Analyst with the annual departmental budgeting proces
- University degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- CPA an asset
- 2-3 years+ accounting / audit and/or analysis experience
- High Proficiency in Excel & Pivot Tables
- Attention to detail, excellent analytical and problem–solving ability
- Excellent communication skills to interpret financial results to business line stakeholders
- Ability to deliver within tight month-end deadlines
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft financials/Nvision reports an asset
- Proficiency with PowerBi/Tableau analytical tools an asset
- Proficiency with SQL or similar database query tools an asse
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please