Marketing Manager - Cineplex Digital Media
- 489 Queen St E, Toronto, ON M5A 1V1, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
Cineplex Digital Media, a division of Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership, is currently recruiting for a Marketing Manager reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing and Internal Communications. This position will be based out of our Cineplex Digital Media (CDM) office in Toronto, ON and will include travel between our other offices in Waterloo and London, Ontario, as well as travel for tradeshows and/or events.
You’ll play a critical role in CDM’s marketing and business development efforts. You are self-motivated, creative and passionate. You use data to inform ideas and take appropriate risks. You will recommend strategies for elevating CDM’s presence, strengthening our brand, generating revenue opportunity and supporting the growth of our company.
PS – you get to watch movies at Cineplex for free :)
- Communicate our brand strategy and increase our brand influence in the market.
- Assist in the creation of various marketing and sales collateral, including sales materials, award submissions, content and media assets, case studies, website updates, and more.
- Plan and lead events and conferences when necessary.
- Assist with managing content and engaging with communities on key platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn etc.
- Plan, develop and execute daily social media content across all our social platforms.
- Directly manage and monitor the company’s various social channels, updating the channel content as needed to ensure an engaging and brand-enhancing consumer experience.
- Work with the Creative team to generate content and artwork needed to support social media strategies, at times assisting with copy writing and imagery/layouts.
- Plan, create, and launch email marketing campaigns, internal and external, including announcements, thought leadership, newsletters and event invitations.
- Develop effective measurement and reporting tools for social media programs, interpreting the metrics and providing related insights and recommendations.
- Execute and report on paid digital marketing campaigns on platforms like Facebook & Twitter.
- Applicant may be required to support and/or lead additional projects for the marketing department as required i.e. assisting with ideation, creative and strategic work sessions, etc.
- 3-5 years of B2B marketing experience, preferably within the retail space.
- Conference/Tradeshow management experience.
- Experience directing the marketing content on a website and other digital properties.
- Experience executing go to market campaigns to support market expansion, revenue opportunity generation and brand visibility.
- Strong knowledge of HTML, MailChimp, and WordPress.
- Experience working with Office 365 and a CRM solution would be an asset.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, or a related field.
- Strategic thinker with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels of an organization
- Can be equally productive working independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proactive, motivated and resourceful
- Creative problem-solver, able to synthesize information quickly and make decisions
- Ability to draw insights from market research
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please