Customer Solution Specialist - Cineplex Digital Media
- 137 Northfield Dr W, Waterloo, ON N2L 5A6, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
The Cineplex Digital Media division of Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership currently has an opening for the position of Customer Solution Specialist.
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Solution, you will work with the solutions, finance, business development, technology, deployment and technical support teams within Cineplex Digital Media. You will work to ensure high quality solution design, architecture and configuration of both hardware and software solutions proposed and deployed to Cineplex Digital Media customers. You will be tasked with ensuring that the defined solutions are designed for deployment and support worldwide and adhere to industry best-practices. This resource manages the requirements development process through the elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements from an end-to-end perspective and supports the ongoing management of the requirements.
Specifically, the Customer Solution Specialist will work with technology experts of Cineplex Digital Media’s Customers and Partners to design deployment hardware architectures and configurations for Customers deploying Cineplex Digital Media solutions. You will be responsible for solution documentation which may include bill of materials, user stories, schematics, scopes of work, etc. for the consistent design, construction, installation and operation of Cineplex Digital Media hardware and software solutions to achieve a desired set of business outcomes for our Customer. Using specific customer environments and business processes, you will be critical in capturing a Customer's current requirements, helping to create a targeted customer solution, identifying solution gaps and defining transition roadmaps on how our customers can get from their current state to the target solution state.
- As part of the pre-sales process, partner with and assist solutions, business development and sales teams in the building of technical solutions based on Cineplex Digital Media’s platform and products to address specific Customer needs.
- Work with internal and external technology experts to help the business development and sales teams in positioning the proposed Cineplex Digital Media solution against competing solutions during pre-sales activities.
- In post-sales deployment phases, understand the Customers’ solution requirements, network architecture, etc. and translate into an end to end Cineplex Digital Media hardware and software solution and configuration.
- Recommend and implement standardized design frameworks and best practices to drive consistent design, construction and operation of Cineplex Digital Media hardware and software solutions.
- Be an escalation point of contact for supporting critical solution design or support issues during all phases of the project deployment.
- Investigate, define and validate the technical merits of new hardware platforms, new software/firmware releases and solutions
- Demonstrate a high level of subject matter expertise in functional area to bridge business requirements and IT solutions; provide technical direction and ensure compliance with best practice solutions.
- Direct the requirements development for applying technology to satisfy business needs. Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow. Facilitate collaborative system and data design sessions with the user community, technical architecture resources and development resources.
- Practice knowledge transfer and foster change management as the organization changes and new skills are required, focusing on team/individual development to be a valued contributor.
Necessary Education / Experience:
- Technical University Degree (B.S.), or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum 5 years related work experience designing and deploying hardware and software solutions in an enterprise environment or across thousands of retail or office locations
- Comfortable providing cross-functional technical leadership on project teams
- Experience developing design documentation and diagrams
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Attention to detail with methodical problem-solving approach and advanced troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of networking technologies, PC hardware, electronic theory and AV signal management
- Client relationship management skills
- Results oriented, self-motivated, and team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Experience working with and analyzing blueprints is an asset
- Digital Signage Certified Expert designation is an asset
- CTS designation is an asset
- Able to travel in North America between 25%-50% of the time to support client engagements
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible and varied work schedule to include early mornings, evenings, nights, and weekends
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please.