Director, Project Management - Cineplex Digital Media
- 137 Northfield Dr W, Waterloo, ON N2L 5A6, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
The Cineplex Digital Media division of Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership currently has an opening for the position of Director, Project Management within our Client Services team. This position will be based at our Cineplex Digital Media (CDM) division at 137 Northfield Dr. W, Waterloo ON.
The successful candidate is personable, results orientated, and passionate about project management with 10 years of experience managing at all levels of the organization. This role oversees all project planning and delivery activities by developing strong talent, processes and best practices to meet the demands of an ever changing business environment, requiring effective and frequent collaboration with other functional units such as Client Services, Finance, Technology, Creative and Operations.
PS – did we say you can go to the movies for free?
- Lead a team of project management professionals responsible for the planning & delivery of a variety of projects for a solution based (hardware/software/professional services/creative) B2B organization
- Responsible for the appropriate application of project management discipline across the various projects to maintain high levels of client satisfaction, communication and cost control
- Collaborate with functional leaders, and champion key initiatives within the PMO to align with the growing and changing needs of our clients and business
- Builds a high-performing team with diverse capabilities and common goals, embodying a culture of taking smart risks and innovating to win
- Lead the selection process for installation partners, as well as ongoing management to ensure high levels of quality are delivered
- Maintain excellent relationships with other 3rd party vendors who support project delivery
- Lead the on-going maturity, quality and speed of project delivery through the improvement of agile, project management methods, processes, tools, standards and best practices
- Responsible for a continuous feedback loop into the business on projects learnings, and lead adoption of process improvements to improve delivery
- Conducts regular department forecasts and reports that support business needs
- Provide effort assessments for quotes
- 10 years’ experience in a similar role with project management and team development
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Solid understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, generate detailed timelines and project schedules, SOWs, manage budgets, perform resource allocations and facilitate stakeholder meetings
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to add value to the broader organization through industry knowledge and forward-looking thinking on strategies and trends
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with all personalities
- Ability to collaborate, influence and create alignment across multiple functional areas and partnerships with sometimes conflicting needs
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Preference for candidates who have completed PMI certification
- Knowledge of digital signage, digital media, experiential and/or digital marketing would be considered an asset
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please