Human Resources Coordinator
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Human Resources department at our Home Office location in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Human Resources Coordinator, reporting to the Training and Development Manager.
- Prepare, maintain, and update paperwork, forms, and general correspondence related to employee movement, training and employee relations issues
- Support tier1 employee relations and learning and development calls and emails
- Coordinate training sessions for all Corporate office locations including: room/resource booking, room set up, materials preparation, learner communications, participant management, meal ordering, and supporting facilitators, as required
- Collaborate with IT, Training and Development and other HR partners to maintain employee data in the Learning Management System(LMS), performance management tool and related portals or systems
- Ensure that course and related program records are up to date in LMS
- Coordinate internal communications using various mediums, eg. Newlsetters, LMS, etc.
- Assist with LMS promotion and adoption through the coordination of and participation in various marketing activities, including the facilitation of LMS orientation sessions
- Maintain and administer learning and performance management systems, ensuring that all processes, enrolments and group assignments are up to date
- Maintain all learning license issuance
- Maintain and enhance Talent Development team’s portal
- Track, report and follow up on employee learning activity
- Prepare quarterly learning and performance-related dashboards, ensuring accuracy of reporting details
- Provide administrative support for projects, as required
- Assist senior team with administration, expense reporting and some calendar/travel management, as required
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- 1 - 3 years’ relevant Human Resources experience with a focus on administration and performance management and/or learning management system maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or HR certification preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in a busy multi-location environment
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with extreme professionalism and discretion
- Sound judgment and have the ability to work within all levels of the company
- Excellent customer service, understands a "hands on approach" to providing support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Strong MS Office skills with advanced capabilities in MS Excel, and a familiarity with performance management tools
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please