Production Designer - Cineplex Digital Media
- 137 Northfield Dr W, Waterloo, ON N2L 5A6, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
Looking to learn, expand your skills, and gain production experience in a fast-paced, creative environment? The Cineplex Digital Media division is looking for a Production Designer to join our growing creative team in designing and developing Quick Service Restaurant marketing materials, reporting directly to the Associate Creative Director. This position will be based at our Cineplex Digital Media (CDM) office located at 137 Northfield Drive West in Waterloo, ON.
You have a bold, clean, detail-orientated sense of design with at least two years of experience in a design/production environment. You are comfortable with all stages of design — from concept to production. You are an expert at InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, resourceful and organized. You’re a self-starter but capable of being a team player. You’re able to learn fast and are committed to always hitting the deadline.
In this role you will be responsible for creating and aiding the development of the creative content for digital merchandising solutions for some of the world’s leading brands within the Quick Service Restaurant industry.
- Work closely with design team ensuring that assigned creative meets business objectives
- Large scale production and repurposing of existing print and digital collateral / point of sale material for in-store/exterior merchandising applications
- Development and maintenance of print/digital menu board materials
- Ensure consistency in quality of output and adhere to brand standards
- Follow internal processes
- Development of InDesign PDF documentation for approval processes and proposals
- Photoshop compositing and image retouching
- Expected to articulate design decisions and rationale
- Submit daily time sheet detailing work execution
Key Skills and Experience
- Graphic Design certificate or diploma
- Thorough knowledge with Adobe CS/Cloud products, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat for Mac OS
- Proven design skills, including an understanding of composition, colour theory and typography.
- Knowledgeable of post-production workflows and file formats
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines and be able to multi-task several jobs
- Ability to take direction and craft your work when time permits
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Thrives in a team environment, but can also work independently
- Very collaborative, great at sharing ideas and accepting constructive criticism
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Strives for excellence
- Experience working in a Marketing or Advertising production studio environment
- Knowledge of After Effects, sense of timing / cadence
- Print pre-press experience
- Responsive Design background
- Demonstrated capacity for working with technology
- Experience designing Quick Service Restaurant marketing materials
- Ability to illustrate and sketch
- Competent photo-editing and photo-manipulation skills as it relates to food and beverage photography
Interested applicants please apply today.
Please apply with relevant portfolio samples/or portfolio link and resume in PDF format. Applications without portfolio samples will not be considered.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please.