QA Analyst, Online & Digital Systems Development
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Software Solutions Online and Digital team has an opportunity for the position of QA Analyst, Online & Digital Systems Development reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Online & Digital Systems Development.
As a QA Analyst you'll be tasked with maintenance, development and execution of manual and automated test cases. Working within the business analyst team to ensure continuous improvement of automated testing for new functionality, pre-identified bugs, and early bug detection of our web application systems. Perform smoke and regression testing. Analyze bug reports. Find, track and report issues. Identify if the root causes of systematic issues are code, server or network derived. Prepare test cases for operations and developers. Assist developers in pre-production testing. Participate in the creation of training material for Guest Services and Call Centre. This role is ideal for QA Testers who feel confident in their technical ability and want to be a part of the highly-skilled development team at Cineplex.
- SQL experience to verify data
- Ability to create test cases, document test cases, etc.
- Experience developing, documenting and executing test plans for Web applications
- Experience with Visual Studio Test Manager, Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), or other bug tracking software
- Experience working with API's and API testing
- Experience working with the Development team and Business Analysts & Customer Support verifying defects and recreating defects (very important)
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience testing modern Web applications to improve user experience
- Deep understanding of automation and performance testing, including experience with automation test suites for business logic and UI
- Extensive experience performing scripted testing to facilitate deployment of new and existing features
- Experience building automated test scripts to streamline the QA process
- Experience verifying defect reports and confirming steps for recreation as they are logged by the Business Analyst and Customer Support teams
- Familiarity with relational data and MSSQL databases, writing technical documentation
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, particularly for web-based applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field
- Experience with troubleshooting production issues on live applications
- Great interpersonal skills - we work very closely together as a team and require a lot of communication
- Experience working within Agile development teams
- Proactive personality, and a desire to deliver your best work - always
- A love for improving software development workflows/process
- You have an eye for quality - you can tell when something looks a bit off
- Ideally you've shipped a production web app or two in your time
- Mobile experience
- Experience with source control software such as VSTS
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please