Vice President, Software Development & Architecture
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Information Technology department has an immediate opening for the position of Vice President, Software Development & Architecture, reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Cineplex’s Software Development, Software Architecture, Development Standards and Governance:
- Own the roadmap for the development of software as it pertains to core business systems
- Provide oversight and ensure adherence to corporate software development standards
- Manage software / application upgrades ensuring stability and maximizing uptime
- Deliver integration initiatives with supporting systems to ensure a seamless end user experience
- Negotiate 3rd party vendor agreements and manage SLA’s
- Lead a team of Highly Motivated Technical Specialists ensuring proper resource allocation based on Corporate priorities
- Possess a strong understanding of Agile Development structures and methodologies
- Ensure Effort Assessments are accurate in order to ensure development efforts are delivered on time
- Proactively budget to ensure appropriate funding for systems support and project based work supporting the business needs
- Provide proactive monitoring of applications ensuring excellent uptime and performance
- Be a subject matter expert with respect to various development languages and application hosting technologies
- Be a strong cross-department collaborator ensuring that project deliverables and timelines are clearly understood
Software / Database Architecture
- Provide guidance on best practices with respect to architecture ensuring maximum performance, security and scalability
- Own the software architecture vision across the Software Development and Database teams
- Conduct regular code / architecture reviews to ensure strict compliance to corporate standards
- Manage software testing to ensure full advantage is taken of automation
- Manage Test and Sandbox environments to maximize efficiency
- Leverage Cloud technologies to ensure optimal pre launch testing is completed to ensure systems can manage load
- Responsible for Managing 2nd and 3rd level support across the software development team
- Manage the training and provide deployment assistance to the broader team as part of the upgrade / deployment process
- Evangelize the functionality and benefits of the applications under the teams control
- Understand the importance of delivering an excellent and proactive End User support experience
- Ensure that production issues / bugs are dealt with at the highest priority
The following Knowledge and Skill Requirements would be considered an asset to the position:
- University / College education in a computer related course of study or equivalent experience required.
- Technical Certifications related to Software Development, Database Systems, and software architecture would be an asset
- Minimum 10 years of I.T. related Experience in a Corporate Setting supporting Multi Channel businesses
- Minimum 5 years of IT Management Experience.
- Proven track record in working with both internal and external teams and meeting tight timelines
- Specific Experience with the following Software Languages or Platforms:
- MS CRM / Dynamics CRM
- HCM Systems
- Oracle / MS SQL Databases
- Website / .Net development
- Hybrid and Native Mobile development
- Secure Online Financial Processing
- API integration and security
- Azure, AWS and cloud based environments
- Experience in writing Architecture, Roadmap and Vision documents
- Experience with Monitoring / Support / Diagnostic tools
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal presentation skills
- Must have strong understanding of Software Development.
- Must be able to develop and manage technology roadmaps
- Must be self motivated and be able to manage and motivate others
- Must be able to quickly acquire an in depth knowledge of multiple custom applications / environments.
- Must have the ability to methodically troubleshoot technical issues
- Must have a strong understanding of Database Structures, Architectures and constructing SQL Queries and stored procedures.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and manage available resources accordingly in a fast paced environment.
- Must be willing to travel and have flexibility with respect to working hours
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please