Hourly Restaurant/Amusement Service Supervisor - The Rec Room West Edmonton
- Unit 2065, 8882 170 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, ca
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s expanding from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept features a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games including luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There is an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also features a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room offers an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage includes impressive digital displays and serves as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room integrates a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that enhances all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Restaurant/Amusement Service Supervisor – The Rec Room West Edmonton, reporting to the Service Manager. This position will be based at our West Edmonton location, located at Unit 2065, 8882 170 Street NW.
The Service Supervisor, is responsible for supporting the Player team in all guest service areas to ensure Rec Room standards are maintained, maximizing revenues and profits to agreed budgetary limits while ensuring memorable service is delivered to our guests. Guest service areas include: bar, service floor, host / call centre, amusement floor, trophy case, feature attractions, Events, Groups / Live entertainment. The service supervisor will focus on resolving customer complaints, issues, and the professional development of the staff within the department. The Service Supervisor should maintain a culture of hospitality and positive morale, and a focus on building the bench-strength of their team compliment by providing coaching and feedback.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for executing Groups & Events within venue, providing seamless guest service.
- Understand and effectively follow all Rec Room values, policies and procedures.
- Protect and enhance the Rec Room brand.
- Practice and role model Company culture.
- Responsible for maintaining the seamless operation of all games, coat check and retail operation within the Rec Room.
- Ensure that guests are greeted upon arrival, and questions or concerns are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Ensure that all Front of House staff are dressed appropriately at all times.
- Ensure that all Front of House areas are clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure that incoming and outgoing telephone calls are handled promptly and courteously.
- Greet and handle all guest interactions with a high level of professionalism and hospitality.
- Be readily available at all times to resolve all guest concerns using the Rec Room L.A.S.T. model.
- Strive to achieve sales targets while adhering to an established budget during day-to-day operations.
- Ensure that the facility consistently meets the Rec Room and legislative cleanliness and safety standards; this includes regularly monitoring of all guest facing areas.
- Complete all daily, weekly, monthly checklists and according to internal and external (regulatory bodies) requirements.
- Must be able to delegate tasks appropriately to team members.
- Deliver employee training and development for assigned area of responsibility (Bar, Service Floor, Host/Call Center, Amusement, Event Groups / Live Entertainment).
- Conduct practical training of new employees, and provide coaching and feedback.
- Ensure gaming initiatives are executed accordingly to drive financial performance while keeping costs in line.
- Maintain payroll and attendance records in accordance with legislative and the Rec Room requirements.
- Maintain effective communications within and outside of the Rec Room to ensure flawless execution.
- Ensure that the facility consistently meets the Rec Room standards throughout daily operations. This includes ensuring that all stations are fully equipped at the beginning and end of shifts.
- Execute all company programs and service standards on an ongoing basis and provide feedback to the employees and Service Manager to improve the Guest service experience.
- Accurately and efficiently maintain assigned records, Company funds and property in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that any and all variances are handled immediately.
- Anticipate and react to any changes in business levels while maintaining excellent guest service.
- Follow all provincial Health, Food Safety and Liquor service legislative requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience in the food service, retail and / or amusement industry.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Ability to work under pressure while complying with all relevant legislation.
- Excellent leadership, communication, customer service, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management.
- Experience in training will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with point of sale systems will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team
- Strong working knowledge of restaurant industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Interacts with customers, employees and management.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Will work flexible shifts.
- Extended hours as required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and point-of-sale system, as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required.
- Exposure to hot grill or oven with temperatures as high as 350-500F.
- Exposure to walk-in refrigerator with temperatures as low as 40ºF.
- Exposure to walk-in freezer with temperatures as low as 0ºF.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please