Hourly Cash Administrator - South Edmonton The Rec Room
- 1725 99 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6N 1K5, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Cash Administrator - South Edmonton The Rec Room, reporting to the General Manager - South Edmonton The Rec Room. This position will be based at our South Edmonton Rec Room located at 1725 99th Street NW in Edmonton, AB.
The Cash Administrator will ensure all Rec Room funds used throughout the business are safe-housed, counted, distributed and received maintaining impeccable accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepares money for different departments at the start of each day.
- Counts the cash room safe by hand or machine, cross-references against the safe’s log, counts out money for the day and logs where and to whom money is distributed
- Handle money order and petty cash requests as requested
- Collects money and sales receipts from cashiers and managers at the end of shifts.
- Counts all monies, compares and verifies totals against receipts or other documentations, such as petty cash, discounts etc.
- Identifies any discrepancies or questionable transactions.
- Prepares the money for bank deposit.
- Execute cash administration of tips, cash sheets, deposit summaries, audit or discrepancy reports and purchase-related documentation, such as supply orders
- Will be required to be cross trained in certain areas of the operations as they may be required to support the operation floor during busy times
- Experience with cash administration an asset.
- Highly motivated, organized and reliable.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Positive, professional, personable and adaptable.
- Must be willing and able to support operations on the guest floor as required.
- Attend periodic training seminars.
- Perform additional job duties as requested.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Highly motivated, professional and energetic.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Job requires ability to work maintain accuracy of counts in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet is required.
- Ability to adhere to all cash compliance and loss prevention requirements.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please