Financial Analyst - Cineplex Digital Media
- 137 Northfield Dr W, Waterloo, ON N2L 5A6, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
Cineplex Digital Media, a division of Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership, is currently recruiting for a Financial Analyst reporting to the Executive Director, Finance & Administration. This position will be based at our Cineplex Digital Media (CDM) division located in Waterloo, Ontario.
This role is responsible for measuring financial performance, identifying risks and opportunities supporting the company in executing against its financial goals and strategy. The role is also preparing financial models for new opportunities, working closely with business and operations colleagues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and analyze Client P&L’s and related KPI’s to drive visibility into each client’s performance; highlight upcoming risks and opportunities and articulate clear financial recommendations
- Deliver and enhance the client reporting including timeliness, consistency, and KPI’s; ensure information is communicated in a way that is easily understood by non-financial people
- Lead client performance discussions with business partners driving focus on delivering against commitments; act as a key advisor on challenges related to business growth, profitability and resource allocation
- Support business colleagues with client financial request, including quoting new opportunities and ad-hoc analysis
- Provide complex financial analysis and modelling to support leadership business decisions using robust assumptions and sensitivity and scenario analysis
- Calculate and analyze the variances against budget and forecast, identifying risks and recommendations
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing and reporting
- 4 year University degree with a focus on business (Commerce, Accounting, Economics)
- Progressing toward an MBA, CPA or other Finance designation
- 3-4 years of analytical experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Word), Oracle general ledger, Planning systems and BI tools
- Experience with PeopleSoft preferred
- Results oriented and critical thinking with high sense of ownership
- Capable of distilling complex concepts into simple key messages and insights
- Problem solving skills with a natural curiosity for root cause analysis to identify key levers of financial and operational performance
- Strong prioritization and organization skills - capable of meeting deadlines in a high performance environment
- Strong financial analysis, reporting and presentation skills
- Strong relationship management skills with a focus on client orientation
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please.