Executive Director, Experience Design Strategy - Cineplex Digital Media
- 489 Queen St E, Toronto, ON M5A 1V1, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
Want to be part of a team that’s shaping the future of retail customer experiences?
At Cineplex Digital Media, we define, design and refine the location-based digital customer experience to connect people to places and brands. We have the fast-paced energy of a start-up but with the backing of a fully-established organization. We’re an action-oriented team with amazing partner brands in QSR, retail and financial, and as the DOOH landscape continues to grow we’re expanding our capabilities to bring on a new Executive Director of Experience Design Strategy.
Reporting to the Vice President of Creative Strategy & Marketing, you’ll lead place-based experience strategy development, painting a vision of groundbreaking customer-facing concepts that can help make our partner brands smarter, more relevant and more meaningful to their consumers - to ultimately reach and exceed their business goals. The ideas you come up will be so insightful and have so much wow factor that the end customer will want to engage again and again. Internally, you’ll collaborate with our visual design, content strategy, account and business development, and innovation, product and technology groups to get inspiration and then translate your vision into reality.
You have proven experience with customer journey mapping, persona development, creating frameworks, and user research. You sit at the intersection of business, creativity, media, consumer tech, and data. And you have an energy that’s contagious, think fast and smart under pressure, and look at challenges as opportunities.
PS - since we’re part of the broader Cineplex family, you get free movies!
- Uncover actionable insights and inspiring ideas to integrate digital signage and other location-based digital experiences into broader customer journeys, connect with brands’ digital and media ecosystems, and bridge physical to digital environments.
- Conduct competitive and aspirational experience research, including understanding user behaviours and their explicit and unmet needs, landscape and market trends, and environmental, media and brand considerations; then leverage that work to envision strategic experience recommendations that drive business goals.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities and conceive strategies to use location-based digital experiences to make our clients smarter, more efficient, and more connected to their customers; and to make their customers feel more engaged and loyal to the brand.
- Be highly analytical in drawing insights from data.
- Develop frameworks to create ownable points of view and approaches to our work.
- Be a thought leader, and confidently lead working sessions and client presentations to all levels of an organization.
- Stay current on trends as they relate to the evolution of retail experiences.
- Document new experience strategies, along with their purpose, objectives, KPIs, and flows, to help translate your visions to the visual design, development, and innovation teams to bring them to life.
- Pioneer a best practice research and usability practice, including developing user research strategies to test, measure and optimize experiences to validate and elevate their impact and set new benchmarks.
- Be a strategic and creative partner to internal leaders and stakeholders to inspire industry-leading activations.
- Build strong and credible relationships within the industry.
- 10 years of related experience, including at least 5 in a senior role, which may include one or more of XD, CX, UX, customer strategy development, design, or service design.
- Proven experience mining and uncovering insights that led to actionable ideas.
- Experience with user research and analytics.
- Track record of managing and inspiring people to achieve excellence.
- Demonstrated experience using human-centered methodologies.
- Experience with A/B testing strategies and roadmaps.
- Expert knowledge of the digital ecosystem.
- Solid knowledge of the marketing and media landscape.
- Solid understanding of how customer behaviour changes can achieve financial ROI.
- Previous retail experience is an asset.
- Obsessive about the customer experience.
- Exceptionally strategic, conceptual and creative thinking.
- Enthusiastic and optimistic.
- Motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and a laser focus on achieving results.
- Extremely collaborative and open to feedback and ideas wherever they may come from.
- Strong listener, relationship-builder, problem-solver, and continuous learner.
- Know-how to command a room in a presentation.
- A strong analytical bent that helps you be more creative.
- Champion for a testing culture.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please