Interaction Designer (6 Month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The User Experience department has an opening for the position of Interaction Designer, reporting to the Director, Interaction Design. PLEASE NOTE: this is a 6-month contract opportunity.
As a key member of the team chartered with defining and designing world-class movie experiences, the User Experience Designer is responsible for supporting the senior UX staff in carrying out the experience vision for the Cineplex digital products and services. This individual will be designing across multiple screens and devices and working in a close-knit team with other UX/interaction designers, usability researchers, product managers, developers, and visual designers to deliver compelling cross-platform user experiences.
- Wireframe and prototype designs for complete digital product experiences
- Participate and collaborate in concept development and design ideation with the greater team
- Work with other UX designers and product team to develop iterative designs that meet user goals
- Work directly with web/software development engineering on design solutions that ensure consistency with design vision and an overall superior user experience
- Originate new concepts, strategies, or innovative approaches that support and enhance the experience integrity and overall customer experience
- Champion best design practices across team and mentor junior designers
- Participate in the setup of cross-functional product development processes to support the division’s needs
- At least five to seven years’ experience as a UX designer, Interaction designer or Information Architect
- At least 5 years as a key member of a design team participating in the complete product development life cycle of a web-based product/service. Online portfolio is required for consideration.
- BA, MA or equivalent in Digital Media Design, Interaction Design
- Demonstrated understanding of user-centered design principles with the ability to address complex design problems and provide sound design solutions
- Killer interaction design skills
- Extremely proficient in Mobile First, Lean UX and responsive Design principles
- Experience building personas and doing task analysis
- Experience with sitemap, user flow or journey map development
- Strong working knowledge of graphic and web design principles, graphic formats, and current web technologies
- Advanced understanding of design software. Additionally, must have basic knowledge of object oriented programming and a comprehensive understanding of web application architectures. Film, video, and other motion graphics experience is a plus.
- Ability to create A/B testing strategies & roadmap
- Understands how to translate business requirements into deeper UX requirements
- Strong understanding of data-driven decision making and the tools used to gain insights in customer behavior
- Solid understanding of online marketing and web analytics
- Demonstrated ability to understand customers from a user-centered design perspective, and articulate that to multiple internal audiences
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, communication, teamwork, written and oral presentation skills. Intermediate Microsoft Office proficiency expected
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, and able to be successful in a non-traditional, fun, entrepreneurial team-based environment
- Good natured, sociable, creative, and diligent individual who is driven, detail-oriented, and dedicated
- Experience within agile/lean development environments a plus
- Strong understanding of internet-based digital movie/entertainment/media a plus
- Other nice to have experience in designing for TV apps and Location Based UX
- Individual should be passionate about movies!
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please