Visual Designer (6 Month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The User Experience Design department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Visual Designer, reporting to the Director of Visual Design. PLEAE NOTE: this is a 6-month contract opportunity.
As a key member of the team chartered with defining and designing world-class movie experiences, the Visual Designer is responsible for the definition, design, and maintenance of the visual presentation across Cineplex products and services. This individual works closely with interaction designers, usability researchers, product managers, developers, and other visual designers to create compelling user experiences.
- Conceptualize, design, and refine visual designs that are original yet both highly aesthetic and user-centric
- Participate and collaborate in concept development and design ideation for solutions that can have a measurable impact
- Work closely with Interaction Design and Usability teams to develop iterative designs that meet user goals
- Work directly with development engineers and product owners on design solutions that ensure consistency with design vision and an overall superior user experience
- Manage visual design look and feel across page layout and designs, color palettes, typography, iconography, and user interface elements while monitoring design consistency and visual integrity
- Deliver mock-ups and prototypes for usability studies, lead visual design reviews and provide developer guidance
- Online portfolio is required for consideration
- BA in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, or Visual Arts
- Passion for high-calibre visual design and exceptional attention to detail
- Advance knowledge in industry standard design and prototyping tools
(Adobe CS, Sketch, Principle & Invision)
- Expert knowledge of core visual design principles; typography, grid and responsive system, visual hierarchy, colour systems etc.
- Strong ability to understand customers from a user-centered design perspective, and articulate that to multiple internal audiences
- Working experience in Lean UX and Agile development environment
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, communication, teamwork, written and oral presentation skills
- Experience within HTML/CSS front end development, 3D design & motion design is a plus
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please