Assistant General Manager - The Rec Room Deerfoot
- 901 64 Ave NE, Calgary, AB T2E 9B7, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Assistant General Manager - The Rec Room Deerfoot, reporting to the General Manager - The Rec Room Deerfoot. This position will be based at our Deerfoot Rec Room located at 901 64 Avenue NE, Calgary.
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) shall work to ensure The Rec Room policies, procedures and standards are being followed and adhered to in all guest facing and culinary areas within their Rec Room location. Responsibilities shall include the protection of Company assets, people, inventory and facilities, as well as the planning, evaluation and monitoring of operations, merchandise and financial areas within multiple departments to maximize sales and profitability. The AGM will support the GM directly with the locations accountability for the profit and loss performance of the venue against budget.
The Assistant General Manager is expected to seamlessly execute all company programs, supporting the operation of the business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality and service consistently high. It is important for the Assistant General Manager to have both a vision and the ability to maintain a culture of hospitality and positive morale, and a focus on building the bench-strength of their team compliment by providing coaching and feedback.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understand, effectively follow and enforce all Rec Room beliefs, policies and procedures.
- Protect and enhance the Rec Room brand.
- Practice and role model Company culture.
- Interview, recruit, train and coach venue management, and proactively plan for succession.
- Conduct regular meetings with designated Department Managers to provide feedback, set goals and evaluate performance.
- Work with Department leaders to execute employee training and development strategies.
- Understand and implement appropriate disciplinary action for performance and behavioural management.
- Evaluate and take action to improve departmental turnover and increase employee morale by creating a supportive employee centered environment.
- Plan, evaluate and monitor operations in guest facing and culinary areas to maximize sales and profitability through the efficient execution of Company programs and the maintenance of Company standards.
- Drive sales through seamless execution, managing staffing and operational budgets and plans to ensure profitability.
- Provide counsel and facilitate resolution of barriers to location performance and guest service standards.
- Evaluate practices and procedures on an ongoing basis and provide recommendations to the General Manager to optimize for changing business needs.
- Share Best Practices across departments to increase performance levels and guest satisfaction.
- Ensure execution excellence of Groups & Events within venue.
- Manage the inventory and shrinkage of all designated departments.
- Accurately and efficiently maintain assigned records, Company funds and property in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure fair and equitable discipline, in compliance with The Rec Room Discipline policy and severity table, implementing appropriate action(s) for performance and behavioural management.
- Investigate and action the causes of staff concerns in a timely manner to ensure we maintain a positive work environment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all statutory regulations affecting restaurant health and safety, and ensure that any safety hazards are identified and rectified.
- Achieve operational objectives of all designated departments by preparing and completing action plans, implementing productivity and quality measures, and standards of service.
- 3-5 years of experience managing a high volume restaurant or venue with full Profit and Loss accountability.
- Post-Secondary education, in business and/or hospitality preferred.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Strong working knowledge of restaurant industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of customers and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required.
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Highly flexible, with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Proven experience in training, coaching, and mentoring managers and employees.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, employees, and guests.
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Exposure to hot grill or oven with temperatures as high as 350-500F.
- Exposure to walk-in refrigerator with temperatures as low as 40ºF.
- Exposure to walk-in freezer with temperatures as low as 0ºF.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Extended hours as required.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please