Hourly Entertainment Supervisor - The Rec Room Roundhouse
- 255 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3M9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Entertainment Supervisor - The Rec Room Roundhouse, reporting to the Entertainment Manager - The Rec Room Roundhouse. This position will be based at our Toronto Rec Room located at 255 Bremner Blvd. in Toronto, ON.
The Entertainment Supervisor is responsible for logistical planning of Entertainment activities programmed at The Rec Room location. The Entertainment Supervisor coordinates operational details, arranges show services, provides instruction to front line staff and generates reports on event activities.
- Support for all The Rec Room programs, events and entertainment at select location(s).
- Following the Entertainment program established by the Entertainment Manager coordinate a variety of live entertainment offerings such as comedy, music, cabaret, lifestyle events, etc.
- Execute the day to day programming related to guest engagement and “gamification”.
- Work with external suppliers including AV production and security services.
- Coordinate onsite ticket sales and admissions for Entertainment events.
- Adhere to budget requirements in planning events
- Disseminate information about programs to stakeholders.
- Work with agencies, promoters and partners when appropriate to organize entertainment.
- Liaison with performers to advance shows
- Co-ordinate delivery of Entertainment related materials.
- Complete reports on execution of Entertainment events including attendance, patron issues and performer feedback.
- Strong event coordination experience preferably within entertainment booking industry.
- 1-3 years’ experience in coordinating Entertainment.
- Degree or Diploma in event management is an asset.
- Familiarity with AV technical production considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the local entertainment industry and area an asset.
- Excellent IT Skills specifically Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Efficient, consistent team player.
- Innovative Problem solving skills.
- Excellent Time management skills.
- Demonstrated Planning and organization skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm and adaptability.
- SmartServe certification considered an asset.
- May be required to function in an operations role on occasion.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and additional hours as required.
- Ability to lift 50lb required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- This position is responsible for Entertainment logistics in a 40,000 square foot facility which requires full range of motion physicality, physical endurance and stamina to work each shift.
- Fast paced environment.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please