General Manager - Cineplex Cinemas Lansdowne & VIP
- 325 Marché Way, Ottawa, ON K1S 5J3, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Are you passionate about movies? Do you enjoy interacting with others? Are you looking for an opportunity for tremendous career growth? Join the Cineplex team and IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES™.
Land your starring role as the General Manager of our Cineplex Cinemas Lansdowne & VIP, 325 Marché Way, Ottawa, ON K1S 5J3.
The Cineplex team is very exciting, fun, interactive, and passionate about providing each and every guest with an exceptional entertainment experience. We are seeking a highly motivated professional, skilled Leader for this location. If you think you have what it takes to be part of this team, this is your chance, don’t wait APPLY TODAY.
As the General Manager of the this location you will be accountable for the effective operation of the complex, ensuring company objectives, policies and procedures are implemented and administered in support of the Cineplex Entertainment Mission Statement “Passionately Delivering an Exceptional Entertainment Experience” and all Key Result Areas. The General Manager will also function as a liaison with the Home Office and various departments as well as outside vendors and clients. Cineplex offers excellent opportunities for growth, this position can often lead to a more senior roles (i.e.: Area General Manager, Director, Operations, etc.)
What you need to become a successful member of this Team?
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as a manager in the restaurant or service industry with proven experience in staff supervision and field operations.
- A university degree or college diploma.
- Demonstrate strong communication (oral & written), organization, management and leadership skills to lead a theatre team in a positive environment;
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen;
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Execution of innovative and creative sales and food service activities;
- Strong computer aptitude;
- Demonstrate a full understanding of provincial Health & Safety regulations;
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities, attend to employees development while continuing to meet financial targets and reporting responsibilities;
- A flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please