Junior Sous Chef - The Rec Room Square One
- Unit #1-705, 100 City Centre Dr., Mississauga, ON, ca
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Jr. Sous Chef - The Rec Room Square One, reporting to the Sous Chef - The Rec Room Square One. This position will be based at The Rec Room Square One located at 100 City Centre Dr., in Mississauga, ON.
The Jr. Sous Chef is responsible for supporting the culinary leadership team in daily execution of culinary operations, by maintaining high quality menu execution and service levels. The Jr. Sous Chef is expected to lead culinary staff on shift by exemplifying exceptional menu preparation in a timely and efficient manner. The Jr. Sous Chef is further required to support the culinary team by coaching culinary staff on the line, raising concerns to the leadership team and recognizing the efforts of employees.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Model seamless execution of the culinary program ensuring healthy and safe work practices are showcased daily.
- Support in managing staff in accordance with business demands and trends.
- Support ordering inventory and culinary supplies, as required.
- Execute menu recipe requirements.
- Enforce FIFO usage and stock depletion with culinary staff.
- Ensure the safe storage and disposal of food and beverages.
- Ensure any food returned to the culinary team is counted and disposed of as waste.
- Maintain accurate log of food and beverage waste.
- Conduct accurate inventory counts according to schedule, and to procedure.
- Ensure preparation and cooking stations are well stocked.
- Notify culinary management of any repairs or maintenance required for culinary appliances and equipment.
- Enforce proper sanitation and preparation practices and procedures.
- Adhere to and enforce Company policies.
- Other duties assigned as required.
- Post-Secondary diploma in Business Management, Culinary Arts or Hospitality considered an asset.
- Willingness to accept feedback in a high paced, changing environment
- 1-3 years' culinary experience in the Hospitality or Restaurant industry preferred.
- Smart Serve certification considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team.
- A winning attitude with a willingness to grow, develop & train within a dynamic culinary team
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Manual dexterity required to operate various culinary appliances and equipment.
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large.
- Competing priorities with medium control over individual priorities.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing and walking.
- Irregular shifts; evenings and weekends may be required.
- Noisy and fast-paced environment.
- Overtime may be required.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please