Freelancer - Production Designer (Temporary Contract)
- 489 Queen Street, Toronto, ON, ca
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App."
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
The Cineplex Digital Media division of Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership is currently recruiting for a Production Designer – Freelancer to support building our roster for current and upcoming projects. Projects are generally 2-3 weeks in duration, but may be extended. This role will report directly to the Art Director, Cineplex Digital Media. This position will be based out of our Cineplex Digital Media office located at 489 Queen Street, Toronto, Ontario.
The Production Designer is responsible for assisting the Art Director in generating/producing creative ideas that can be crafted into effective consumer messages and executions. The person applying for this position should have excellent executional skills, and an exceptional eye for detail. The Production Designer is responsible for the design and execution of the work, under the guidance of the Art Director. The Production Designer must have experience and be comfortable working within Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
- Keeping up to speed with design trends, animation styles and other executional styles and tools that may inform help evolve skills
- Assists Art Director in developing concepts, storyboards and other elements pertaining to the development of ideas
- Executing storyboards, static design elements and executions and motion design (animated graphics / spots)
University or college degree in a relevant discipline such as Graphic Design, Motion Design or Multi-Media Design
1-3 years experience in digital media advertising organization developing content for large brands and accounts. Experience with quick service restaurant, financial services and retail advertising is an asset.
Skills and Professional Behaviours:
- Helps generate ideas that can successfully be deployed as effective executions.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of design composition, colour and
- Photo retouching and image manipulation skills
- Motion design skills and sense of timing / cadence
- Possesses an understanding of digital production techniques.
- Effectively handles multiple assignments at one time.
- Effectively checks work on-screen.
- Attention to detail, a proactive attitude, ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines are paramount to succeed at this position
- Preference for candidates with MAXON Cinema 4D and fluency in Canadian French
Typical office environment with collaborative work space.
Some overtime hours required to meet customer deadlines.
Interested applicants please apply today.
No Agency Calls Please