Motion Designer - Cineplex Digital Media
- 369 York St, London, ON N6A 4G1, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
The Cineplex Digital Media division of Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership is currently looking for a Motion Designer to join our growing creative team in designing and developing Quick Service Restaurant marketing materials, reporting directly to the Art Director, Cineplex Digital Media. This position will be based at our CDM office located at 369 York Street, Suite 2C in London, ON.
We are seeking an amazingly creative person who lives and breathes design and motion graphics, has a keen eye for detail, and loves working as part of a team. You possess at least 5 years experience in a design/production environment. You are comfortable with all stages of design — from concept to production. You’re able to learn fast and are committed to always hitting the deadline. You’re not afraid to think outside the box and present new ideas. PS – did we say you get to watch movies for free?
In this role you will be responsible for creating and aiding the development of digital merchandising solutions and creative content for some of North America’s leading brands within the Quick Service Restaurant industry.
- Work closely with Senior Designers and Art/Creative Directors in ensuring that assigned creative meets business objectives
- Interpret briefs, scripts and stories in a visual & creative way
- Create visual storyboards for concepts and pitches
- Ensure consistency in quality of output and adhere to brand standards
- Contribute to the creative team’s concept development & ideation
- Manage creative files / assets
- Ensure final deliveries meet all guidelines and specifications.
- Follow internal processes
- Expected to articulate design decisions and rationale
- Submit daily time sheet detailing work execution
Education and experience:
- Diploma in Graphic Design, Broadcast, Art or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in motion design in a professional environment
- Meticulous design skills, down to the pixel
- Expert with After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator (Cinema 4D considered an asset)
- Familiar with leading-edge plugins and utilities for motion design
- Knowledgeable of post-production workflows and file formats
- Proven examples of working with a singular brand across multiple touch points / campaigns
- Creative individual who thinks outside the box
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure in a fast-turnaround environment
- Never-miss-a-deadline attitude
- Excellent typography and design aesthetics
- Able to take criticism and apply accordingly to improve
- Thrives in a team environment, but can also work independently
- Experience / comfort working for an in-house creative team
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve
- Knowledge of French (written and verbal)
- Experience developing creative for Quick Service Restaurant clients
- Strong illustration skills
Interested applicants please apply today.
Please apply with relevant portfolio samples/or portfolio link and resume in PDF format. Applications without portfolio samples will not be considered.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please.