Director of Brand & Marketing – LBE
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Location Based Entertainment (LBE), which includes The Rec Room, and the newly announced reinvented Playdium, are exciting new interactive entertainment destinations owned by Cineplex Entertainment. Both feature a wide range of entertainment options including a wide variety video and redemption games, state of the art experiences, virtual reality and a variety of recreational games such as bowling, ropes courses and axe throwing, as well as upscale casual dining, fast casual experiences, and live and event entertainment. There are plans to open 10-15 locations of The Rec Room and 10-15 Playdium locations over the coming years, each ranging in size, and customized to the individual community.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Director of Brand & Marketing – LBE, reporting to the Executive Director - LBE.
The Director of Marketing and Brand will be a leader on the Marketing team. It’s an exciting role for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, who has previous success in brand and promotional marketing (particularly in a launch and or multi-unit environment), who can be consistently creative and strategic in an operations-driven environment, and who understands how to measure and link business results to brand initiatives.
You’ll lead a team that’s accountable for building and executing customer-focused marketing programs; managing the health and development of The Rec Room and Playdium brands, brand communication development and implementation including overseeing paid media, partnership strategies, and screen content strategies. You’ll also work with and support other business and functional units with holistic marketing solutions that ultimately drive key goals and KPIs.
- Oversee a team of 7-9 marketing professionals.
- Lead customer-focused marketing and brand strategies for our Location Based Entertainment brands (key focus: The Rec Room & Playdium).
- Drive, oversee, provide guidance on and execute cohesive brand storytelling and presence across all marketing channels, working with the Senior Digital Marketing Manager to enhance the guest experience through the entire customer journey and down the funnel.
- Be the brand champion for the business, and manage the consistent presentation and representation of our brands across all touch points.
- Work with the Customer Insights team to develop and refine customer segments that can be targeted and measured.
- Leverage customer and business data and research to develop marketing plans that solve problems and address insights.
- Develop and approve succinct and focused briefs that are rooted in customer insights, and ensure all creative and content solutions are clear.
- Work with an in-house creative team to develop marketing communication, and manage the relationships of external strategy, creative and media buying agencies and partners.
- Lead and manage the strategic in-location content vision across all locations (Entertainment & Marketing), including the development and management through to execution of the national plan that connects with our target audiences and reflects our brand, while providing oversight and direction on the local plan through to execution.
- Lead the commercialization and execution of key brand marketing strategies and tactics, such as local media, signage, menus, and in location digital screen content.
- Develop and deliver the plans and programs required for the opening of new locations such as employee recruitment campaigns, hiring fairs, media campaigns, and grand opening parties.
- Collaborate and work with Cineplex Customer Strategies team to identify opportunities to streamline initiatives, leverage synergies and build out implementation plans.
- Plan and execute The Rec Room sponsorship strategies and activation plans that deliver on strategic marketing objectives.
- Work closely with The Rec Room Senior Manager, Digital Marketing to ensure a holistic communication plan is achieved.
- Be a catalyst for new ideas and thinking and strong leader – inspire a team of passionate content creators to work smarter, more creatively, and more strategically.
- Consistently measure, analyze, and report on performance of marketing efforts and programs in line with strategic KPIs, and optimize for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage the Lead the annual strategic planning and budgeting for your group.
- Interact with all levels of the organization to articulate strategies and initiatives.
- 8+ years of relevant experience managing marketing and branding strategies.
- Understanding of how, and determination to, move brand and customer marketing initiatives forward in an operations-driven environment.
- Proven experience developing marketing strategies and promotions across the customer journey, including tapping into traditional, experiential and sponsorship touchpoints.
- Understanding of how to tie business results to brand initiatives.
- Strong experience with planning national content calendars to reach, entertain and engage your customers.
- Conversant with brand research and interpretation of key drivers.
- Experience creating and meeting budgets.
- 3+ years of leadership experience, with proven experience nurturing and growing talent.
- Solid experience working with external agencies that positively impacted your business and your customers.
- Understanding of the marketing funnel and customer journey and how content can strategically support and impact each.
- Proven experience defining and hitting relevant KPIs that make sense for the business.
- Experience developing compelling stories across all content formats, and distribution strategies for specific audiences.
- Experience with both B2C and B2B content strategies is an asset.
- A graduate degree in Marketing with post a graduate degree in business an asset.
- Experience in retail and/or entertainment industries an asset (preferably in a launch situation)
- Experience in the hospitality, entertainment or food service industry is an asset.
- Well-versed in the concepts surrounding brand and marketing, best practices, and future trends.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for digging into consumer insights, data and mining for opportunities.
- Skills and experience in creative content writing and development.
- Creative problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo and conventional wisdom.
- Ability to prioritize among many competing requests and initiatives.
- Ability to manage and operate at the strategic and tactical levels.
- Natural leader, with excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Results oriented with strong strategic and conceptual abilities with a track record of success.
- Great relationship manager with external and internal partners and strong negotiation skills.
- Confident presentation skills at all levels of the organization, including the ability to articulate ideas clearly and succinctly.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and a flexible work style that can adapt to changing situations.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please.