Senior Software Developer - Cineplex Digital Media
- 369 York St, London, ON N6A 4G1, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
The Cineplex Digital Media division of Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Developer, reporting to the Manager, Custom Software Development, Cineplex Digital Media. This position will be based at our Cineplex Digital Media office located at 369 York Street in London, Ontario.
As a Senior Software Developer you will be implementing innovative designs that make our solutions and services the market leader in In-Store Digital Merchandising. As a key member of a highly collaborative agile development team, the Senior Software Developer will work with a cross-functional team in all layers of the system including UI, backend services, device, automated tests, and automated deployment.
The Senior Software Developer is expected to possess high initiative and has the ability to take leadership and work in a collaborative team environment and has excellent expertise and experience in software development lifecycle and quality engineering.
The Senior Software Developer will work closely with multiple teams, including: Product Management, UX Design, Operations, in developing new consumer-facing Web applications, improving/maintaining existing ones and addressing users’ needs, experience and usability requirements.
- Active participation in Agile development process including iteration planning, estimation, retrospective, standup and cross training
- Take leadership in design, implementation and code reviews; mentor junior members of the team
- Design and implement web services using JAVA, PHP, REST, SOAP
- Design and implement automated test cases for UI and system integration
- Participate in maintain, upgrade, optimization of existing solutions
- Involve in updating automated deployment script
Education and Experience:
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical disciplines
- Above 5 years of experience in a mature engineering organization building packaged software products
- Experience of architecting, designing and implementing enterprise-scale applications with OO approach
- Experience in side-side Web technologies including: Java, Servlet, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, PHP
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience in the digital signage, promotion, and advertisement or related industries would be a significant asset
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across team/product-unit boundaries
- Proven ability in problem solving, decision making and leadership
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please