Part Time Assistant Manager - Cineplex Odeon Oshawa Cinemas
- 1351 Grandview St N, Oshawa, ON L1K 0G1, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Eastern Ontario Region has an opening for the position of Part-time Assistant Manager for the Cineplex Odeon Oshawa Cinemas, reporting to the General Manager.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional, skilled, team player for this location. If you think you have what it takes to be part of this team, this is your chance. Step forward and become part of our bright new future.
Assistant Manager Role
It is the Assistant Manager’s role to develop and apply management skills through hands on participation in management initiatives and tasks in order to make greater contributions to the success of the theatre both operationally and financially. The hands on management of guest service is the Assistant Manager’s primary responsibility. The Assistant Manager is responsible to assist the General Manager in workplace safety and health and to ensure incidents involving our staff or the general public is prevented thereby insuring the safe operation of the theatre.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Leading and Managing the team
- Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships through building trust, treating others with respect and demonstrating integrity.
- Encourage staff to work safely and prevent incidents.
2. Managing the Guest Experience
- Making guests and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions, developing and sustaining productive guest relationships by taking personal responsibility for guest satisfaction and loyalty.
3. Managing Cost Control
- On a daily basis analyze theatre performance compared to budget and forecast, initiate action/projects to drive the business forward and strengthen Cineplex Entertainment as the premier film exhibition company.
4. Managing Revenue Generation
- Directly responsible to exploit profit potential of the theatre throughout all controllable areas i.e. Merchandising and Marketing.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Demonstrate strong communication (oral & written), organization, management and leadership skills to lead a theatre team in a positive environment;
- Strong financial analysis skills;
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to initiate innovative and creative sales and merchandising activities;
- Safe food handling certification;
- Sound understanding of Windows and MS Office;
- Knowledge of Vista POS would be an asset;
- Demonstrate a full understanding of provincial Health & Safety regulations and the company’s Health & Safety Policy;
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities, attend to employees development while continuing to meet financial targets and reporting responsibilities;
- A flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- A post-secondary diploma in business administration, retail or hospitality management and/or a minimum of 2 years previous management experience in a theatre, fast food, restaurant, or similar environment.
Interested applicants apply no later than August 24, 2018