Head Chef - The Rec Room Roundhouse
- 255 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3M9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Head Chef - The Rec Room Roundhouse, reporting to the Assistant General Manager - The Rec Room Roundhouse. This position will be based at our Toronto Rec Room located at 255 Bremner Blvd. in Toronto, ON.
The Head Chef is responsible for delivering memorable food experiences for our guests by coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of culinary operations, while maintaining high quality menu options and service levels. The Head Chef is expected to recruit, develop and schedule culinary staff, maintain appropriate inventory and supply levels, create and prepare menu items in an efficient manner. The Head Chef is further required to ensure the safe and healthy preparation of meals and sanitation techniques at all times to avoid cross-contamination and the spoiling of food and beverages.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee all culinary operations and staff ensuring healthy and safe work practices.
- Comfortable speaking in front of a medium sized group articulating the food concepts at the Rec Room.
- Recruit, select and train culinary staff.
- Ensure all culinary employees are engaged by recognizing staff, resolving concerns and fairly managing employee performance.
- Schedule culinary staff in accordance with business demands and trends.
- Order inventory and culinary supplies, ensuring sufficient stock levels.
- Establish, implement and communicate menu recipe requirements.
- Ensure the safe storage and disposal of food and beverages.
- Ensure any food returned to the culinary is counted and disposed of as waste.
- Maintain accurate log of food and beverage waste.
- Ensure preparation and cooking stations are well stocked.
- Escalate and document any repairs or maintenance required for culinary appliances and equipment.
- Enforce proper sanitation and preparation practices and procedures.
- Required to negotiate, contract and oversee all outside facility contractor functions.
- Negotiate, contract and oversee all outside repair and maintenance functions.
- Ensure inventory price and product availability issues are communicated as needed to the management team.
- Calculate figures for food and beverage inventory.
- Maintain inventory controls for proper levels, dating, rotation, requisitions, etc.
- Adhere to and enforce Company policies.
- Other duties assigned as required.
- Post-Secondary diploma in Business Management, Culinary Arts or Hospitality considered an asset.
- Previous experience managing a large culinary team in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Red Seal inter-provincial culinary certification considered an asset.
- Secondary School Diploma required.
- 3-5 years' Management experience as a Chef in a high volume kitchen is preferred.
- Smart Serve certification considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.
- Manual dexterity required to operate various culinary appliances and equipment.
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing and walking for long periods at a time.
- Irregular shifts; evenings and weekends may be required.
- Noisy and fast-paced environment.
- Extended hours may be required.
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Exposure to hot grill or oven with temperatures as high as 350-500EF
- Exposure to walk-in refrigerator with temperatures as low as 40ºF
- Exposure to walk-in freezer with temperatures as low as 0ºF.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please