Assistant Amusement Manager - The Rec Room Roundhouse
- 255 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3M9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Assistant Amusement Manager - The Rec Room Roundhouse, reporting to the Amusement Manager - The Rec Room Roundhouse. This position will be based at our Toronto Rec Room located at 255 Bremner Blvd. in Toronto, ON.
The Assistant Amusement Manager (AAM), ensure the sound operation of video games, redemption games and physical activities in the location as a whole, as well as the retail store, coat check and the redemption store. Reporting to the Amusement Manager the AAM will oversee, all the above mentioned categories with regards to maximizing profit and minimizing expenses. The Amusement manager is also responsible for resolving customer complaints, issues, and the professional development of the staff and supervisors within these departments.
- Assisting the Amusement Manager with the seamless operation of all games, coat check and retail operation within the Rec Room.
- Greet and handle all guest interaction with a high level of professionalism and hospitality.
- Resolve all customer complaints as per the Rec Room procedures.
- Strive to achieve sales targets while adhering to an established budget during day-to-day operations.
- Ensure gaming staff meet compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations and the Rec Room policies inclusive of Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ensure that the facility consistently meets the Rec Room and legislative cleanliness and safety standards; this includes regularly monitoring of the gaming floor, redemption and mezzanine areas.
- Ensure that all relevant operational paperwork is posted as per legislated requirements.
- Responsible to lead, develop and coach all team members to ensure a high level of customer service as well as maximum profitability.
- Must be able to delegate tasks appropriately to team members.
- Support training of new gaming staff.
- Ensure gaming initiatives are executed accordingly to drive financial performance while keeping costs in line.
- Maintain payroll and attendance records in accordance with legislative and the Rec Room requirements.
- Negotiate arrangements with suppliers, including pricing and delivery.
- Maintain effective communications within and outside of the Rec Room to ensure flawless execution.
- Ensure that the facility consistently meets the Rec Room standards throughout daily operations. This includes ensuring that all stations are fully equipped at the beginning and end of shifts.
- Ensure that any and all variances are handled immediately.
- Anticipate and react to any changes in business levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in the food service industry specifically within the gaming area is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Ability to work under pressure while complying with all relevant legislation.
- Strong mechanical troubleshooting knowledge required, must be mechanically inclined.
- Excellent leadership, communication, customer service, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with monitoring and controlling inventory.
- Experience with negotiating with suppliers and placing orders.
- Experience in training and scheduling will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with point of sale systems will be considered an asset.
- Interacts with customers, employees and management.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time. • Will work flexible shifts.
- Extended hours as required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and point-of-sale system, as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please