Computer Operations Analyst
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1W6, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Information Technology Department has an immediate opening for the position of Computer Operations Analyst reporting directly to the Manager, Computer Operations and Infrastructure.
The specific responsibilities include:
1. System Architecture and Configuration
- Experience configuring hardware systems and integrating primary / 3rd party components and drivers
- Experience with shared disk / SAN technology including maintenance and operability
- Methodically troubleshoot issues using a variety of monitoring tools.
- Develop and maintain documentation
- Experience with network switching
2. System Administration and Maintenance
- Hands-on server architecture experience utilizing Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Mac OS
- Experience in managing a highly Virtualized Environment
- Experience responding to and resolving issues highlighted by monitoring systems
- Understanding and ability to manage AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO, Network Settings and other Windows Services
- Ability to understand, manage, and optimize site to site AD replication in a complex environment
- Understand and troubleshoot IIS
- Provide support for tier 2 technical issues
- Document processes and systems
3. Application Support
- Must have experience working with a wide range of network applications including:
i. Email / Messaging solutions
ii. File / Print servers
iii. FTP Server / File transfer support
iv. Active Directory
v. Cloud Applications
- Must be familiar with proprietary application support
4. Networking Administration
- Understanding of Network topologies
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve network issues in a LAN / WAN environment
The following Knowledge and Skill Requirements are:
- University / College education in computer science or relevant work experience
- Must be either certified or working towards MTA Designation
- At least 2 years of related experience with Active Directory and Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- At least 2 years of experience supporting remote locations and working with a remote support utilities
- At least 2 years of virtualization experience
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Must be able to operate in a busy environment and manage multiple projects and change with shifting priorities
- Must possess design and documentation skills utilizing MS Visio to keep network / infrastructure diagrams current
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to carry a pager and be on call on a rotational basis
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please