Digital Media Technician (12-month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1W6, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Creative Services department at our home office in Toronto is seeking an organized and detail oriented individual for the position of Digital Media Technician, reporting to the Senior Editor. Please note: this is a 12-month contract position.
We all have a special movie memory. A connection to something bigger than ourselves that we completely fell in love with. Cineplex’s In House Creative team is looking to create that same feeling through the work we do every day, for our beloved movie goers. Our team develops all types of work, from brand and promotional campaigns, to operational and internal communications; and we work across all channels, including print, digital, social, video, motion, and more. We move fast, and there are a lot of moving parts, stakeholders and deliverables. But it’s fun. How can it not be? It’s the movie and entertainment business.
The DMT is an essential part of our team. We are looking for a candidate that has a can-do, results oriented attitude who has an eye for technical details and content quality standards.
Working with our creative team, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- QC and ingest of all material for content production at Cineplex onto our servers.
- Prepping edit sessions for our editors by assuring all assets are imported into Avid the day before the session and that they are of approved quality.
- Performing any necessary file transcoding.
- Work with the Digital Media Librarian to retrieve assets from other internal servers for archival purposes.
- FTP/BOX/Aspera delivery of assets to outside clients or stakeholders.
- Manage and execute requests for postings and screeners.
- Other duties as required.
- Able to work independently once given work assignments.
Ability to handle many assignments at the same time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Never-miss-a-deadline attitude.
- Knowledge of French (written and verbal) is an asset.
Hard Skills / Experience:
- At least 2 years experience in a similar tv/broadcasting role.
- Intermediate understanding of Avid Media Composer is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of industry standard software (Adobe Creative Suite, DaVinci Resolve).
- An understanding of aspect ratios, resolutions and frame rates.
- Familiarity with video file types and container formats.
- Familiarity with shared storage systems is an asset.
- Must be Mac proficient.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please