Senior Programmer Analyst
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1W6, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Software Solutions Team at our Home Office in Toronto has an opening for the position of Sr. Programmer Analyst reporting directly to the Senior Manager – SharePoint and .Net Applications.
As a Sr. Programmer Analyst, you will be tasked with providing programming, analysis and coordination efforts for software development, maintenance and enhancement of our corporate intranet applications. Working within the development team to deliver new functionality, resolve identified defects, and assist with design of our corporate application systems. Perform effort assessments, create technical design documentation for enhancements and new development. Analyze reported defects. Find, track and resolve code issues. Identify if the root causes of systematic issues are code, server or network derived. This role is ideal for programmer analysts who feel confident in their technical ability and want to be a part of the highly-skilled development team at Cineplex.
- Minimum of 4 years of modern application development
- Experience and knowledge of MVC, RESTful API Design, OData, OAUTH, Entity Framework, C#, TYPEScript, React, jQuery, HTML5, CSS, PowerShell and Bootstrap would be preferred
- Experience with SharePoint Online (administration, SPFX development)
- Experience with K2 Forms/Workflows would be an asset.
- Experience with SQL Server/T-SQL
- Excellent knowledge of XML, AJAX, JSON, and HTML/DHTML.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming, including experience with patterns and practices.
- Experience with Azure (Cloud)
- Ability to create design documents and implement code from user stories/requirements.
- Experience developing, documenting and delivering Web applications
- Experience with Visual Studio (2013 or above preferred) and Visual Studio Team Services or other project/bug tracking software
- Experience with GIT for source control.
- Experience working in high performant Development team to deliver quality software
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and manage available resources accordingly in a fast paced environment.
- Great interpersonal skills - we work very closely together as a team and require a lot of communication
- Proactive personality, and a desire to deliver your best work - always
- A love for software development and quality code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - able to understand and convey complex product requirements or technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please