Senior Product Manager, Web Services
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
We are looking for a driven, results-oriented individual, who excels in a team-oriented environment to join the Digital Product team as Senior Product Manager, Web Services; where you will play a key role in bringing to market the Cineplex Store services to our guests through our web platform. Leveraging your knowledge and experience in this field, you will work collaboratively in an agile environment to deliver best in class products and services.
The ideal candidate loves to work on customer facing applications, is excited by cutting edge technology, and is a creative thinker. As a key team-member, you will play a leadership role developing long term roadmaps and strategies with supporting business cases while paying close attention to metrics to manage daily performance to improve the customer experience.
The Cineplex Store is a premium Canadian online destination for the sale and rental of movies, ranging from the latest releases to timeless classics. Our goal is to provide our guests an unparalleled experience for the discovery, purchase, and viewing of their favourite films, whether from their computer, mobile, or connected living room devices. If you are interested in an unlimited supply of popcorn, working with leading technologies, supporting the latest devices, and helping to define and deliver the future of digital movie viewing, this is the place for you! Visit us at CineplexStore.com.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With a focus on integrations and API’s; own and manage all aspects of the web product portfolio (including, functionality, performance, search, analytics etc.), working collaboratively with internal teams (User Experience & Design, QA, Development etc.) to deliver outstanding products
- Work collaboratively with other teams as well as development/IT to clarify platform integration and API requirements and act as key knowledge owner on integrating services and products into current platform portfolio
- Apply industry, and market expertise to brainstorm and create additional use-cases for APIs in support of all customer digital products
- Develop an overall digital movie market understanding, including a strong understanding of customer needs, secondary market research and analysis, and primary market research and web segment assessment
- Identify key needs, perform gap analysis, assess new product ideas / innovations, determine market opportunity and participate in prioritization of initiatives
- Prioritize among competing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities, and articulate rationale (hard data, metrics, competition, etc.) behind decisions
- Lead brainstorming of creative solutions and problem-solving to balance product deliverables and resources with business needs and market opportunities
- Stay up to date on all relevant trends and announcements - new OS versions, browser updates, and industry-related updates, and other web marketing trends and innovations. Regularly communicate industry happenings to broader Digital Commerce and/or agile teams.
- Develop, track and communicate key metrics across all key areas via KPIs to measure effectiveness and developing plans to meet/exceed targets
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of consumer product management experience required, preferably with streaming media and/or internet-based applications and services
- 4+ years working in the web space
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, MBA desired
- Experience with web properties, search, personalization, etc. a plus
- High proficiency with Web Analytics tools like Adobe Web Analytics and DTM
- Experience with Web Marketing, A/B testing, SEO, and Web UI/UX
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 standards
- Experience with CMS tools like Agility
- Excellent organizational, statistical, strategic thinking, problem-solving, analytical, written and oral presentation skills. Must have a passion about numbers, market indicators, and metrics – and have the analytical skills to translate hard data into insight and action
- Entrepreneurial mindset, startup experience will be valued
- Inherent passion about the intersection of consumer behavior, technology trends, and media
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams
- B2C eCommerce application experience
- Strong understanding of digital movie/entertainment/media a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean product development environment is preferred
- Experience managing web consumer applications
- Supplier management and vendor management experience
- MS Office high proficiency
Desired Personal Profile:
- Self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- “Roll-up your sleeves” attitude to get things done
- Passionate and intimately knowledgeable about web applications
- Good natured, sociable, creative, and diligent individual who is driven, detail-oriented, and dedicated
- Individual should be passionate about movies!
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) may be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please.