Production Designer (12-Month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Creative Services department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of a Production Designer, reporting to the Senior Designer. Please note: this is a 12-month contract opportunity.
We all remember the moment we connected graphic design to a bigger purpose. At a young age, things like movie title art, movie posters, the designs on the popcorn bag & cups were things that just existed magically. But when you realized that it was a special craft to bring typography, images and layout together to create these pieces of art, you fell in love. In our day-to-day work, we believe that Design is more than just pretty pictures and typefaces – it’s a way of driving our purpose to help Canadian’s be inspired to seek out pleasure at some of Canada’s premiere entertainment brands including Cineplex Cinemas, The Rec Room, Playdium and more. As a Production Designer, you will be assisting the design team primarily in producing and rolling out art files after the creative direction and design has taken shape – in the form of print files, packaging mock-ups, advertising, point-of-purchase and digital graphics. You thrive on pre-flight formatting, collecting, processing, checking and uploading files to our partners and colleagues. Your work will help Cineplex stand out as a bold Canadian brand and seen as a design champion & innovator. Oh, and this gig comes with free movies!
- Production of print and digital assets in tight deadlines, applying style/brand guides and templates where applicable
- Strong typographic and layout skills, strict attention to detail, and outstanding organizational, project management, file-organization and archiving skills are a must.
- A perfectionist that’s all about the details and able to catch errors others have missed
- Scheduling and coordinating with art directors, designers and project managers to deliver multiple requirements for multiple clients
- Prepare final press-ready files
- Image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation when needed
- Prepare images for online and mobile apps
- Continuous self-learning and keeping up to date with relevant programs
- Troubleshooting artwork or technical issues that may arise
- 5+ years of industry experience
- A master in the latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong understanding of colour management in print and digital
- Amazing production design portfolio
- Eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
- Highly collaborative
- Able to thrive in pressure situations
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable, with the ability to multi-task
Interested applicants please apply today with a link to samples of your work.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) may be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please