Senior Editor, Digital Content
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Content & Interactive department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Editor, Digital Content reporting to the Director, Content Strategy.
The role will focus on the organization and development of top quality, authentic, and innovative content solutions that connect back to the Cineplex Content Marketing Strategy. Content will be published across a variety of digitally owned and social media platforms. The Sr. Editor, Digital Content will work with the Director, Content Strategy, internal business stakeholders and content producers to ensure content solutions are of the highest quality and meet marketing objectives, which may range from driving awareness to building engagement through to points of conversion.
Experience with branded content programs with a demonstrated knowledge of Content Marketing as a key practice is a must.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conceptualize, plan, create and deliver high quality digital editorial content that connects to the Content Marketing Strategy and business priorities
- Develop understanding and insights of the target audiences in order to build meaningful connections and lifetime value through content solutions
- Manage content initiatives with the team related to the day-to-day activities, included are developing content line-ups, researching, writing, briefing contributors, editing, curating and publishing content
- Manage and coach a team of Social Media Managers and content creators
- Guidelines and implementation of SEO best practices, keyword/phrase research, social story packaging and functional aspects
- Implement social media channel strategies that leverage the unique capabilities of each platform – setting the stage for paid and organic initiatives
- Lead project-based digital coverage for events such as the movie awards season and TIFF.
- Create and maintain an integrated content development and publishing calendar for efficient planning and coordinated publishing
- Work with an analytics team, as well as independently, to measure and analyze the impact of all content initiatives, develop insights and optimize accordingly
- Stay on top of pop culture, movie news, social media trending topics, and best-in-practice digital content trends.
- Evaluate and identify partnerships that can help amplify content and develop owned audiences
- Partner with Cineplex brands, lines of business and functional units to help them develop and build an editorial and social plan that supports their brands as well initiatives. These include the Cineplex Store, Groups and Events, Cineplex Digital Media, Communications/PR team and more.
- Minimum 10+ years working in marketing or media and/or an agency environment
- Experience that includes publishing across content rich websites, tablet, email, app, social media channels using a standard CMS
- Understand and appreciation of the strategic role of Content Marketing, how it supports business objectives and impacts customer behaviour
- Conceptual with the ability to develop an editorial strategy that lives across multiple channels
- Writing skills with the ability to use the fundamentals of journalism to create meaningful content that engages and tells the brand/product story
- Team leadership skills, minimum 5 years managing content teams
- Experience in creating and administering content standards along with governance
- Demonstrated skills in content management tools (schedules, briefs and calendars)
- A solid understanding of SEO strategy and keyword implementation
- Experience with Omniture, Google Analytics and Sprinklr or similar analytics platforms
- Has a network of content creators and contributors to tap into for content development
- Process driven with strong project management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize among many competing requests and initiatives
- Passion for movies, and other types of entertainment
- Ability to present confidently to stakeholders and communicate ideas clearly and succinctly
- Experience with Brightcove and Agility are asset
- Basic video editing skills are an asset.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) may be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please