- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Content & Interactive department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Content Manager reporting to the Sr. Editor, Digital Content.
The Content Manager works with the Sr. Editor, Digital Content and the broader Content team to develop and distribute engaging entertainment content that lives across all digital and social channels in order to meet the defined marketing goals. The Content Manager combines the innovativeness of a writer with the practical focus of an operations manager. You need to be able to generate ideas for stories and see them though to publication across a variety of digital channels. We expect excellent organizational skills as well as problem solving ability.
Experience with branded content programs with a demonstrated knowledge of Content Marketing as a key practice is a must.
Duties and responsibilities
- Administer the daily operations of Cineplex content program, including; generating ideas; planning, assigning and editing content; ensuring operations are within budget; commissioning stories and art; overseeing the production schedules and editorial calendars
- Assign to, and edit content from content creators, both internal and freelance
- Coordinate editing and proofing process through all stages of development
- Write copy for digital and social channels
- Manage production schedule, coordinating with key teams and collaborators
- Work with Cineplex teams to optimize all content for search engines
- Coordinate and attend regular meetings for planning
- Minimum 8+ years working in marketing or media and/or an agency environment in a relevant managing editorial role
- Exceptional ability in editorial copy writing and editing
- Understand and appreciation of the strategic role of Content Marketing, how it supports business objectives and impacts customer behaviour
- Writing skills with the ability to use the fundamentals of journalism to create meaningful content that engages and tells the brand/product story
- Minimum 5 years managing SEO/tagging and content flow
- Experience in creating and administering content standards along with governance
- Demonstrated skills in content management tools (schedules, briefs and calendars)
- Process driven with strong project management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize among many competing requests and initiatives
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel
- Passion for movies, and other types of entertainment
- Experience with Brightcove and Agility are asset
- Basic video editing skills are an asset.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) may be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please