Project Manager, Creative Services (12-Month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Creative Services department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of a Project Manager, reporting to the Senior Project Manager. Please note: this is a 12-month contract opportunity.
We all have a special movie memory. A connection to something bigger than ourselves that we completely fell in love with. Cineplex’s In House Creative team is looking to create that same feeling through the work we do every day, for our beloved movie goers. Our team develops all types of work, from brand and promotional campaigns, to operational and internal communications; and we work across all channels, including print, digital, social, video, motion, and more. We move fast, and there are a lot of moving parts, stakeholders and deliverables. But it’s fun. How can it not be? It’s the movie and entertainment business.
The Project Manager is an integral part of our Creative Services team. We are seeking an experienced individual who will be responsible for planning, organizing, managing and executing projects from beginning to end.
As an interested candidate, you recognize and appreciate how critical this role is to the success of our team, and what your impact is on the organization. And so do we. We need someone who can thrive in a very fast-paced and ever-changing environment, as the company expands its various initiatives and businesses.
- Prioritize work, resources, expectations and communication to our colleagues within the company.
- Support the Sr. Project Manager by prioritizing deliverables and appropriately assigning tasks to our in-house creative team.
- Understand the various capabilities and skill sets of our teams, as we assign projects and brands to various creative team members.
- Manage our relationships with our suppliers, understanding who to call for what type of project.
- Voice questions or concerns as projects get initiated, created and executed.
- Oversee that there are correct workback schedules, timelines, budgets and communication being made as they related to specific projects and tasks. Particularly as projects evolve.
- Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects as they relate to resource staffing.
- Use the Workfront data to inform decisions as we move forward.
- Oversee day-to-day projects ensuring projects are being delivered correctly, on time and on budget.
Soft and Hard Skills
- Over 5 years experience in a role with similar responsibilities of a project manager or account executive within a fast-paced, high-performing creative environment.
- Either having agency-side or client-side experience is necessary.
- Experience using Workfront or other comparable production management software.
- Ability to multi-task, manage deadlines and expectations with both the creative team and our business colleagues.
- Strong communicator and relationship builder, with an optimistic and outgoing attitude.
- An understanding of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please