Internal Auditor, Loss Prevention
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Risk Management department is pleased to announce a full-time opening for the position of Internal Auditor, Loss Prevention. This position will be based out of our Home Office in Toronto and report to the Senior Auditor, Loss Prevention.
The Loss Prevention Internal Auditor’s role is to deter, detect, and investigate internal and external fraud and theft at Cineplex. The LP Internal Auditor will achieve these objectives by:
- Uncovering, investigating, documenting and deterring employee and external theft and fraud;
- Preparing investigation reports and evidence packages;
- Providing consultation and awareness to Cineplex businesses through Fraud Alerts, Loss Prevention techniques and training initiatives.
Loss Prevention and Investigations
- Conduct investigations using transaction analysis and Video Recording Systems to identify and investigate fraud indicators with.
- Prepare evidence files and investigation reports with recommendations and guidance for operations management and senior management.
- Help develop new or update existing systems to uncover theft and fraud.
- Perform criminal investigations, and prepare reports for the police that result from these investigations. Attend court as a witness, if required.
- Provide regular updates to the Loss Prevention group on the progress of investigations.
- When required, review Video Recording Systems, report service issues, and train operations management on the use of these systems.
- Create, deliver, and participate in Risk Management training sessions for operations management.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Education / Professional Qualifications
- College/University degree.
- Enrolment or pursuit of an accreditation towards a Certified Fraud Examiners designation or equivalent is required.
- Continuing education in loss prevention courses would also be an asset.
- Work experience in an entertainment, retail, or hospitality environment.
- Previous loss prevention or audit experience.
- Work experience in conducting investigations and interviewing.
- Experience using video recording systems.
- Previous work experience in analysis.
- Experience in report writing and effectively conveying findings and recommendations to management.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Fluently bilingual in English and French is desirable.
- Must be confident and self-assured.
- Must have good judgment.
- Should be able to set priorities and allocate time accordingly.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to maintain composure in potentially adversarial situations.
- Must display attention to detail and have an ability to screen information with a critical eye for reasonableness and common sense.
- Must be able to maintain objectivity.
- Must be able to act independently and perform duties with minimal supervision, but still be able to collaborate as a team.
- Must be comfortable working autonomously from remote sites while maintaining close communications with Home Office.
- Must be willing to travel, including travel on weekends, when required.
- Must have the ability to quickly learn loss prevention techniques, fraud indicator systems and procedures, as well as any new software applications.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong computer skills using the following software applications:
- Word processing (Word)
- Spread Sheet (Excel)
- Database (Access)
- Desirable computer skills using the following software applications would be an asset:
- Vista POS Software
- Intercard POS Software
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please