Senior Analyst, Computer Operations
- 1303 Yonge St., Toronto, Ontario, ca
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Information Technology department at our Home Office in Toronto has an immediate opening for the position of Senior Analyst, Computer Operations reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Computer Operations.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to use their technical knowledge and problem solving skills to implement solutions in a fast-paced environment. You will also act as a technical subject matter expert for Computer Operations.
The specific responsibilities include:
1. Public and Private Cloud Architecture and Configuration
- Design of Public Cloud Architecture with a focus on Azure.
- Provide guidance in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the cloud.
- Develop, Implement Private cloud infrastructure (Dell Compellent and VMware)
- Assist in the DR (Disaster Recovery) planning of a multi-site Virtualization and Storage infrastructure along with DR planning for local sites where IT Infrastructure equipment is present.
2. System Administration and Maintenance
- Perform installation, configuration and maintenance of software including operating system, patches, and 3rd party products.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Basic IIS configurations
- Provide support for tier 3 technical issues
- Provision and Maintain Server\Blade Server technologies primarily Dell
- Methodically troubleshoot issues using a variety of monitoring tools
- Document processes and systems
3. Application Support
- Must have experience working with a wide range of applications including:
o Email / Messaging solutions
o File / Print servers
o FTP Server / File transfer support
o Active Directory
o Cloud based Applications
- Must be familiar with proprietary application support
- Experience Scripting (PowerShell/JSON)
4. Networking Administration
- Understanding of Network topologies
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve network issues in a LAN / WAN environment
- Act as an Escalation point for the Computer Operations team.
- Mentor existing staff on cloud computing best practices and technology to drive cloud adoption.
- Lead Problem Solving efforts possibly involving outside support or other support personnel.
The following Knowledge and Skill Requirements are:
- University / College education in computer science or relevant work experience.
- Must be either certified or working towards MCSE Cloud and Infrastructure
- At least 5 years of storage and virtualization experience in a mid-size to enterprise environment.
- At Least 5 years Disaster Recovery Experience
- At Least 5 years of experience supporting remote locations and working with a remote support utility
- At Least 5 Years working with windows 2008/2012 Operating Systems
- At Least 2 Years of Working with Public Cloud Infrastructure
- Must be able to design, prepare and conduct new technology evaluations to determine infrastructure solutions based on business requirements and make recommendations for improvement of infrastructure, technology, operational capability, reliability and performance
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Must be able to operate in a busy environment and manage multiple projects and change with shifting priorities
- Must possess design and documentation skills utilizing MS Visio to keep network / infrastructure diagrams current
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to be on call on a rotational basis
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please