Manager, Network Infrastructure
- 1303 Yonge St., Toronto, Ontario, ca
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Information Technology Department has an immediate opening for the position of Manager, Network Infrastructure reporting directly to the Executive Director, IT Infrastructure & End User Support
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Network Infrastructure team that oversees the network infrastructure for all Cineplex Entertainment locations.
The specific responsibilities include:
- Lead, motivate, and manage a team of analysts.
- Look for opportunities to leverage technology to achieve business objectives.
- Instill team accountability to insure exceptional customer outcomes with all aspects of their interactions with technology.
- Develop and manage the relationship between IT and internal stakeholders
- Provide reporting on project status, define and manage project activities, ensure project milestones are met and up to standards.
- Establishing and supporting the enforcement of technology standards, road maps, frameworks, processes and policies related to core Infrastructure
- Ability to evaluate and assess emerging technologies to keep Cineplex aligned with current trends
- The creation of documentation and training materials for IT support.
- Stay abreast of new technologies
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of projects and departmental processes
- Manage structured cabling projects for new construction projects
- Act as an escalation point
- Reviewing & approving invoices
- Other duties/projects as assigned
The following Knowledge and Skill Requirements are:
- University / College education in computer science or relevant work experience
- 5 years of working understanding of Network Fundamentals, protocols and technologies TCP/IP, VLAN, WAN, MPLS, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC, TLS, NAT, PAT, VPN, BGP, OSPF, etc. with a minimum 2 years IT management experience.
- 5 years of experience with datacenter networking and routing/switching fundamentals. Including designing robust and supportable networks
- 5 years of experience with at least one of the following Firewalls (Juniper, Palo Alto, Fortinet, ASA), Load balancers and ASM (F5, Netscaler), and/or VoIP.
- Experience in architecting network solutions on a Cloud Platform (e.g. Microsoft Azure or AWS)
- Knowledge and experience in a large-scale Enterprise network
- Experience managing large scale projects
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal presentation skills
- Must be able to operate in a busy environment and manage multiple projects that change with shifting priorities
- Must be self-motivated and able to mentor others
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Experience in supporting a 7x24 production environment
- Knowledge of SolarWinds would be an asset
- Knowledge of Meraki would be an asset
- CCNA certification would be an asset
- Experience with VoIP solutions would be an asset
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please