Amusement Host - The Rec Room West Edmonton
- 8882 170 Street, M-325, Edmonton, Alberta, ca
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Amusement Host - The Rec Room West Edmonton, reporting to the Amusement Manager - The Rec Room West Edmonton. This position will be based at our West Edmonton Rec Room located at M-325, 8882 170 Street, Edmonton, AB T5T 4J2.
The Amusement Host will be responsible for promoting an outstanding entertainment experience to our guests in accordance with The Rec Room’s standards of operation. He/she is considered a subject matter expert on gaming within the facility and can help answer and/or curate the gaming experience for both experienced and non-experienced gamers.
- Ensure games are clean and well maintained for the guests.
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed.
- Delivers exceptional service and entertainment experience to guests.
- Up sells games by showing guests game operations, encouraging guests to play and creating an overall fun, playful environment for them.
- Operates all major attractions.
- Set up and tear down for functions, events and activities.
- Ensures that guests are aware of pricing for special events, promotions and daily events.
- Ensures that guests adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Effectively handle and relay all guest inquiries, questions, and concerns to Management.
- Communicates operational problems to Management.
- Assist in re-stocking of Redemption store.
- Ensures individual stations are clean and fully operational.
- Other duties as required.
- Currently in high school.
- Ability to complete tasks with attention to detail.
- Some experience with customer service preferred.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to manage a counter and its contents.
- Working varied shifts
- Working alone for full shifts.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Working with guests of all ages
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please