- Carson City, NV, USA
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
POSITION SUMMARY: The electronics technician maintains, tests and repairs electronic systems and components. This position requires application of knowledge of electrical/electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applying skills in restoring equipment to operation. The electronics technician provides skilled electrical/electronic support to all areas of manufacturing. Laser setup and troubleshooting, laser application, electronic design, repair, and calibration of electronic instrumentation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties and responsibilities regularly performed for this position are:
· Electronic trouble shooting of temperature controls, CNC controls, and PLC controlled systems
· Install and test control systems
· Troubleshoot laser systems
· Order parts to manufacturer specifications
· Install, start up and shut down equipment compliant to OSHA standards
· Perform lockout/tagout procedures
· Operate digital multi meter (DMM) and oscilloscope
· Maintain company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
· Read electronic diagrams, blueprints, and ladder logic
· Adhere to all Safety procedures and protocols
· Ensure compliance with (RSM)/Quality Control Management (QCM)
· Ensure compliance with ISO/Total Customer Satisfaction (TCS) quality requirements
The specific EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE requirements of this position are:
· Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field.
· Three to five years of proven experience in the instrumentation/electronics field
· Three years’ computer experience/operation and PLC programming a plus.
The specific LICENSES and/or CERTIFICATIONS required for this position are:
· Must pass related job test
· Electronics school or equivalent
The basic SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE required for this position are:
· Able to read and write in English
· Basic math skills
· Computer literate
· Logical thinking
· Good manual dexterity
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.