Entry Level Metal Worker - 3rd Shift
- Carson City, NV, USA
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Metal Worker is responsible for assisting in the repair process and production of manufactured parts of exceptional quality.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties and responsibilities regularly performed for this position are:
· Blending of surfaces and applying or removing excess material with hand tools or machinery
· Set-up and use of various machines, fixtures and tools.
· Part modification to specifications
· Mixing production materials
· Must follow production specifications at all times
· Embrace/implement continuous improvement and lean principles in all activities
· Maintain department safety and housekeeping standards
· Ensure compliance with Quality Control Manual (QCM)
· Must be aware of ISO – Total Customer Satisfaction (TCS) quality requirements
· Ensure compliance with Company RSM, must be aware of ISO/TCS quality requirements
· Adhere to all Company health, safety and environmental policies while performing job duties
· Adhere to and promote Corporate Code of Ethical Standards
· Regular and reliable attendance
The marginal duties and responsibilities (performed occasionally or at irregular intervals) for this position are:
· Performing other tasks in the facility as needed
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
The specific EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE requirements of this position are:
· High School Diploma or GED preferred
· Previous metal working experience preferred but not required
The specific SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE required for this position are:
· Must be able to read and write in English.
· Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
· Ability to use hand held measuring tools.
· Ability to work effectively individually or as part of a team.
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.