- Carson City, NV, USA
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Facilities Manager will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing machine tools, production systems, facility mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems to ensure optimal operating results, all while remaining in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. Maintain the smooth running of the facility with the maximum up time of production equipment and expansion requirements for growth in a safe environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties and responsibilities regularly performed for this position are:
- Interpret Company policies and procedures and enforces safety regulations.
- Schedule, oversee and direct repair and maintenance of facility, as well as the repair and maintenance, installation, dismantling, assembling of machines, tools and equipment to ensure continuous production operations and to meet production schedules.
- Oversee requisitions and supply of spare parts in order to maintain facility and equipment.
- Review Maintenance repair/project work hits and misses with team weekly.
- Manage maintenance personnel - assign duties, interpret specifications, blueprints and job orders. Determine work priorities.
- Evaluate vendor performance quarterly and report to senior management and Purchasing.
- Oversee landscape and snow removal contracts.
- Hazardous material control.
- Manage facility Maintenance spend.
- Plan expansion with upper management.
- Review utilities to manage costs.
- Manage rebuilding of used equipment for new use.
- Manage contract janitorial services.
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance program in conjunction with Quality, Engineering and Maintenance personnel.
- Work with Management, Engineering and Quality Assurance personnel to resolve maintenance problems.
- Recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Manage team performance reviews.
- Ensure compliance with Company Repair Station Manual (RSM)/Quality Control Management (QCM). Must be aware of ISO/Total Customer Satisfaction (TCS) quality requirements. Sees that all department employees are aware of quality program.
- Ensure that all department employees are properly cross trained.
- Adhere to all Company health, safety and environmental policies while performing job duties.
- Enforce safety and Chromalloy policies within the workplace.
- Evaluate the performance of team members and recommend promotion as appropriate.
- Comply with all necessary testing requirements.
- Adhere to and promote Corporate Code of Ethical Standards.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
The marginal duties and responsibilities (performed occasionally or at irregular intervals) for this position are:
- Special training in craft skills.
- Work with Regulatory Board (EPA CC).
- Performing other tasks in the facility as needed.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
The specific EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE requirements of this position are:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater preferred
- 5 – 10 years in related fields, in a supervisory capacity
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Ability to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automated system documentation
- Proven experience as a facilities manager
- Related education and/or training or any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
The specific SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE required for this position are:
- Able to read and write in English
- Knowledge of facility maintenance
- Ability to successfully interact with employees at all levels within the organization
- All maintenance and electronics personnel
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics can be obtained from the EH&S Manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities or essential functions of the job
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.