Senior Engineer - Product Introduction Lead
- Crewe, UK
Chromalloy is an international technology company specialized in innovative solutions in the field of gas turbine engines. Chromalloy is one of the world’s largest non-OEM providers of advanced coatings, repairs and replacement parts for gas turbine engines. We are the only non-OEM provider in the world that offers coatings, repairs, production and revision from a single source. Chromalloy is some 4000 employees strong and works on new solutions daily, for customers’ products in Aero-, Military- and industrial Gas Turbines. Chromalloy Crewe is a site with approximately 155 employees and specialises in Grinding and Machining
The Engineering Product Introduction (PI) Lead provides project management leadership and support to the manufacturing engineering PI programmes running on site. Scope includes production transfers and new customer contracts, with primary accountabilities including:
- NPI and source change project management and execution up to production handover to meet quality, cost & delivery targets
- Ensuring internal & external engineering resource solutions are in place
- Act as engineering part owner on certain projects where necessary
- Single point of contact with customers for all engineering PI programme related issues
- Technical interface with sub tier suppliers to ensure adherence to PI lead times & quality etc.
- Interfacing with planning function to ensure robust manufacturing plans are developed
- Interfacing with operations team to ensure parts are processed in line with agreed manufacturing plans
- Managing PI projects in line with the gated Chromalloy processes
- Providing status reports and attend / chair standard meetings as required
- Either a bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or related field or a minimum 10 years’ experience working as an engineering programme manager in a product safety critical manufacturing environment
- Proven history of successful programme management across multiple NPI projects, preferably in an aerospace or industrial gas turbine environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing engineering processes.
- Experience with projects involving complex and multi-disciplinary technology teams.
- Proven ability to lead and influence.
- Demonstrated planning and time management skills.
- Financial acumen and experience of budget control
- Knowledge of gas turbine component manufacturing techniques.
- Interpersonal effectiveness - A team builder with good communication skills and a capacity to engage at all levels.
- Leadership - Capability to manage conflict and change effectively.
- Drive for Results – Steadfastly pushed self and others for results. Takes responsibility and accountability
- Business Acumen – knows how the business works
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up even in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Building trust - A strong team player exhibiting a proactive approach, contributing to a positive and purposeful team climate, sharing knowledge and supporting the team achievement of targets and goals. Ability to act with discretion and treat confidential information appropriately.
- Judgement - Good observational, analytical and investigative skills
- Empowering others - Is committed to the continuous development of self and others by keeping up to date and sharing knowledge, encouraging new ideas, seeking new opportunities and challenges, open to new ideas and developing new skills.