- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
This role is responsible for the tactical execution of clerical transactions, general accounting, analysis and reporting for the site. This includes but is not limited to ad hoc reporting and analysis, inventory review, month-end close JE preparation, capital expense review and follow up, variance analysis and spend reviews, AP corrections and follow up, AR billing and collections, balance sheet and sales reconciliations and other duties as assigned.
- Partner with site leadership to ensure effective cost review is completed regularly to drive accountability and understanding while improving cost performance for the location
- CapEx spending review and follow-up (help create cost justifications for new projects, track submissions and approvals and monitor spending to completion and closure)
- Provide back up support for site finance lead
- Monthly financials upload
- Variance analysis
- Forecasting (Sales, EBITDA and Cash)
- Budget responsibilities as assigned
- Prepare cost worksheets for new products and to verify actual vs theoretical costing
- Complete monthly costing for all products and work to evaluate information and provide analysis to leadership to drive improvement actions (CFin)
- Run Spend Control purchasing review meetings and provide savings analysis to leadership (SCT)
- AP & AR follow up, corrections, collections and support as required
- Support month-end close and reconciliation activities as assigned
- Ad hoc financial analysis as required
- Provide support for audits as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Ethics: Works and behaves in a manner that demonstrates the highest levels of integrity
- Team Oriented Leadership: Demonstrated ability to manage individual performance, develop self and deliver results
- Functional / Technical Skills: Demonstrate in-depth understanding of financial statements and core finance and accounting concepts; Knowledge of financial systems (Syteline, SAP, Oracle, Epicor, etc), consolidation and reporting tools like Hyperion (HFM, SmartView, Planning); Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Problem Solving & Analysis: Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Action Orientation: Highly driven and self-motivated; Capable of working in a deadline oriented environment; Ability to work independently, proactively and creatively to develop solutions
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrated ability and desire to communicate, collaborate and coordinate through others throughout the business and financial organizations
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communications
- Informing: Ability to recognize key issues and effectively communicate to management; Ability to provide the information people need to know to do their jobs and make accurate decisions
- Ability to analyze financial data and provide insight to leadership on improvement opportunities
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to use sound judgment and challenge assumptions when appropriate
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work within financial systems and create usable financial tools for monitoring and driving performance improvement.
- Proven ability to grow and learn in a fast-paced and high demand environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial and accounting concepts, techniques, and regulatory requirements
- Proven flexibility and ability to cope with pressure resulting from changing priorities and meeting tight deadlines and reporting requirements
- Must demonstrate an effective communication skill/style to present complex ideas in a compelling and comprehensive manner.
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive information
- Strong understanding of both financial and operational processes and controls
- BA / BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- 4+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Minimum of 2 years in a manufacturing or similar environment
- 2+ years of cost accounting experience
- 0-15% Travel
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.