Electrical Maintenance Technician - Apprentice
- Alfreton DE55, UK
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
WE ARE PROUD TO BE A MINDFUL EMPLOYER
As part of the mindful employer initiative, we are positive about Mental Health and recognise the necessities in order to work towards better mental health in the workplace. We are dedicated to supporting the mental wellbeing of our staff by agreeing to the following values:
- To provide non-judgmental and proactive support to staff experiencing mental ill-health.
- To not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work.
- To be positive and enabling toward all employees and applicants with a mental health condition.
- To support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace.
- To ensure they are fair in the recruitment of new staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010).
- To make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill-health will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health conditions will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment.
As an Electrical Maintenance Technician, your duties will include:
- Assembling, installing, testing and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures.
- Planning and carrying out small projects.
- Connecting wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components.
- Inspecting electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Repairing or replacing wiring, equipment and fixtures using hand tools and power tools to include minor building work and making good to diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components.
- Using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- To monitor, adjust and identify faults as required.
- Any other duty required by the company.
We require all our candidates to meet the below essential criteria:
- Understand and always behave in accordance with Chromalloy’s core values
- Pride and Passion – Love what you do
- Integrity – Always do the right thing
- Customer Focus – Know your customer and deliver
- Innovation – Raising the bar together
- Quality - Comply with the requirements without compromise
- Be a self-motivated and proactive individual.
- Can adjust to unforeseen quality, production scheduling, maintenance and sickness/absence circumstances and work in a team environment to overcome the issue.
- Have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.