Welder - Apprentice
- Alfreton DE55, UK
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
WE ARE PROUD TO BE A MINDFUL EMPLOYER
As part of the mindful employer initiative, we are positive about Mental Health and recognise the necessities in order to work towards better mental health in the workplace. We are dedicated to supporting the mental wellbeing of our staff by agreeing to the following values:
- To provide non-judgmental and proactive support to staff experiencing mental ill-health.
- To not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work.
- To be positive and enabling toward all employees and applicants with a mental health condition.
- To support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace.
- To ensure they are fair in the recruitment of new staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010).
- To make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill-health will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health conditions will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment.
As a CUK Welder, your duties will include:
- Accurately weld aerospace & gas turbine components, passing relevant test pieces within the CUK standards, through laboratory assessment.
- Guiding and assisting colleagues as and when required to do so
- Carrying out routine maintenance on equipment to the required TPM/PPM standards
- Ensure that management are informed of any problems or discrepancies as they arise.
- Liaising with colleagues to promote team working and to ensure a smooth hand over of work.
- Understanding and conforming to all Quality requirements within CUK, including “Route Card” & “Standard Data Card” instructions.
- Understanding and always conforming to Health & Safety requirements.
- Any other duties that may be required by the Company
We require all our candidates to meet the below essential criteria:
- Understand and always behave in accordance with Chromalloy’s core values;
- o Pride and Passion – Love what you do
- Integrity – Always do the right thing
- Customer Focus – Know your customer and deliver
- Innovation – Raising the bar together
- Quality - Comply with the requirements without compromise
- Be a self-motivated and proactive individual.
- Can adjust to unforeseen quality, production scheduling, maintenance and sickness/absence circumstances and work in a team environment to overcome the issue.
- Have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.