- Alfreton DE55, UK
Chromalloy is a global supplier of advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and land-based applications and repairs. The company refurbishes and manufactures engine components and designs and manufactures FAA-approved replacement parts for aircraft engines that are certified to meet or exceed the performance, reliability and durability specifications of original equipment manufacturer parts. In support of land-based vehicles, Chromalloy employs identical engineering disciplines used to produce its FAA-certified parts. Chromalloy serves commercial, military and industrial turbine engine operators worldwide.
Execute a variety of quality tasks consistent with the focus factory and corporate quality objectives and metrics. Tasks include leading problem solving/corrective action activities, development and implementation of shop floor quality procedures, support of advanced product planning (FMEAs, control plans, product / process capability studies), and audits of the system for compliance. Position is tasked with identifying quality issues and taking an active role in their resolution, ensuring product quality that meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Support existing products and manufacturing processes by:
- Identifying, implementing, and maintaining systems, tools and metrics that track the key components of the total cost of quality
- Developing and implementing corrective action and continuous improvement plans by applying sound problem solving tools and utilizing cross-functional teams
- Support new product launches by:
- Ensuring relevant quality systems are in place
- Supporting process FMEAs, developing control plans, and verifying compliance to procedures
- Executing capability studies and evaluating results
- Preparing documents for customer acceptance
- Serve as a technical resource, conducting training and enforcing policy in the areas of:
- Root cause analysis and corrective action
- Data analysis
- Statistical process control
- Quality systems
- Address quality issues as required. Follow up and close out customer complaints
1. Interpersonal effectiveness - A team builder with good communication skills and a capacity to engage audiences across all levels.
2. Drive for Results – Steadfastly pushed self and others for results. Takes responsibility and accountability
3. Business Acumen – knows how the business works
4. Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up even in the face of resistance or setbacks
5. Building trust - A strong team player exhibiting a proactive approach, contributing to a positive and purposeful team climate, sharing knowledge and supporting the team achievement of targets and goals. Ability to act with discretion and treat confidential information appropriately.
6. Judgement - Good observational, analytical and investigative skills
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· Degree in engineering or related disciplines desirable
· Certified Quality Engineering Professional or equivalent, proficient in all standard quality tools focused on problem solving and process improvement
· Minimum of 6 years work experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Aerospace or similar manufacturing environment with an ISO or AS9000, QS9000 quality program; ASQ/CQE preferred
· Experience working as a supplier into major aerospace engine OEMs e.g. Rolls Royce desirable
· Well-versed in techniques associated with Six Sigma Quality Tools
· Experience of problem solving, root cause analysis and corrective action tools and techniques
· Organized and attention to detail required
· Sense of urgency with the ability to prioritize and focus to recognize critical path activities and achieve business goals and objectives
· Highly self-motivated with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and multitasking skills
· Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Demonstrate proficient knowledge of computer systems MS Office, Word and Excel, databases, and programs
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.