- Windsor, CT, USA
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advance repair and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group Company. For more information, visit www.sequa.com
Chromalloy is looking for a Buyer to be a key member of the Global Sourcing & Procurement Team and an integral part of the Chromalloy’s Windsor, CT and Orangeburg, NY. The Buyer has responsibility and has accountability for assisting in the business process, cost management, initiating and executing strategic sourcing initiatives at a site level.
The successful candidate will be responsible to deliver against cost management targets and provide support to the Sites in several activities, including but not limited to:
- Collaborating with operations to define material and service needs
- Negotiating and managing purchase orders to meet site demands
- Maintaining supplier performance (OTD, Fill Rate, and Quality)
- Ensuring adherence to internal procurement performance expectations
- Identifying and executing on continuous improvement opportunities
- Providing information and analysis for make/buy decisions
- Developing and managing purchasing cost savings opportunities
- Negotiating supplier agreements
- Assisting Global Sourcing leadership with defined projects and executing strategic sourcing initiatives
- Supporting Site Planning to ensure RM inventory levers (Kanban, min/max, etc..) remain current and accurate
- Ensuring supplier lead-time accuracy in demand system
- Aligning payment terms
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of key supplier business & financial risks
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or related field,
- 3+ years’ experience purchasing in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Excel skills and ability to work in a large matrix environment.
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
Chromalloy is an equal opportunity employer. No question on this application is asked for the purpose of excluding any applicant's consideration for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran's status, or visual, hearing, mental or physical disability.
ANY APPLICANT WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REJECTED FOR EMPLOYMENT OR IF HIRED, TERMINATED WITHOUT NOTICE FOR GIVING FALSE INFORMATION ON THIS APPLICATION OR FAILING TO ACCURATELY PROVIDE INFORMATION REQUESTED. IF HIRED, EMPLOYMENT IS FOR NO FIXED TERM AND THE COMPANY OR THE EMPLOYEE CAN TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE, EMPLOYMENT IS DEEMED AT WILL.
Pre-employment drug screening is required at this facility to determine the presence of marijuana metabolites, cocaine metabolites, opioids metabolites, amphetamines and phencyclidine (PCP). Employment consideration is contingent on the results of this test. This application will be kept active by Chromalloy for a period of 45 days.