- LaGrange, GA, USA
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visit www.sequa.com.
***2nd Shift Position***
Operator is responsible for performing processes to thermally apply pack aluminide coatings tasks as a part of a team to manufacture and repair gas turbine engine components.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs tasks such as A12 retort packing, A12 furnace load, spray coating application, monitor coating application and coating adherence per work instructions, and customer specifications.
- May perform tasks such as assembly, disassembly, vibratory tumble, blending, peen, grit blast and masking/prep in accordance with work instructions and customer specifications.
- Performs all work in accordance with plant safety rules and maintains highest quality standards in the execution of all assigned work.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on all machines and other routine labor work as required in accordance with production flow.
- Operator prepares necessary quality documents and confirms quality of own work using inspection tools in accordance with product specifications, blueprints, drawings, and work instructions.
- Operator to adhere to all 5s / CPEX policies and to have a continuous improvement mindset.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must have HS Diploma or GED. Strong shop mathematics, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions required.
- On the job experience of 3-5 years in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be able to follow instructions, read and interpret blue prints.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
Chromalloy is an equal opportunity employer. No question on this application is asked for the purpose of excluding any applicant's consideration for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran's status, or visual, hearing, mental or physical disability.
ANY APPLICANT WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REJECTED FOR EMPLOYMENT OR IF HIRED, TERMINATED WITHOUT NOTICE FOR GIVING FALSE INFORMATION ON THIS APPLICATION OR FAILING TO ACCURATELY PROVIDE INFORMATION REQUESTED. IF HIRED, EMPLOYMENT IS FOR NO FIXED TERM AND THE COMPANY OR THE EMPLOYEE CAN TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE, EMPLOYMENT IS DEEMED AT WILL.
Pre-employment drug screening is required at this facility to determine the presence of marijuana metabolites, cocaine metabolites, opioids metabolites, amphetamines and phencyclidine (PCP). Employment consideration is contingent on the results of this test. This application will be kept active by Chromalloy for a period of 45 days.